PRECISION POWER P1000 LOUD AF @ 2 ohms!!!!!!!!!!!!!! $156 amazon

BOOMINGRANDPA
5,000+ posts

WOLFRAM FTW
NC
Review of Amplifier:

Post name, details and review of the equipment you're reviewing. This forum is for reviews only! No questions should be posted! I just wired this thing played for 1 min and gain is barely up at all maybe like 15% (can't really tell cause only thing I and others don't like is it has odd screw adjustments can't really tell where set at) AND IT STARTED KNOCKING STUFF OFF TABLE IN FRONT OF CAR!! keep in mind I have 1 pioneer 12 with stock wires and only 4 ga wire.. now my sub is very efficient but omg this ppi 1k is twice as powerful was as my autotek 1600 was at 2ohm.. ppi has tested out at 938 @ 2 ohm and 1100 at 1 ohm.. I would never need more power than this., i'll have to adjust it tonite but I don't think I need to turn anything up just check ss filter but my port is 35 hz amp ss goes to 38 I backed it down from 38 like 15% should be close.. just amazing for the price..

Ya I bought one a while back and keep it as a back up or use it in my truck while I am building a new system. Its a bad little amp worth every penny. I never tried wiring it a .5 to see if it would take it.

Glad it worked out. At 2ohm, it will last forever. Budget amps are more than fine when ran clean with head room. There was no need for you to buy a 300$ amp for a 75$ sub

Glad it worked out. At 2ohm, it will last forever. Budget amps are more than fine when ran clean with head room. There was no need for you to buy a 300$ amp for a 75$ sub
bass cuts out when at super low on my techo no bass cd's i think i just don't have the volts to run it hard on those., i'll check volts at amp while bassin tomorrow.. have a huge vibration i gotta find too maybe back windshield can't tell..

Review of Amplifier:
Post name, details and review of the equipment you're reviewing. This forum is for reviews only! No questions should be posted! I just wired this thing played for 1 min and gain is barely up at all maybe like 15% (can't really tell cause only thing I and others don't like is it has odd screw adjustments can't really tell where set at) AND IT STARTED KNOCKING STUFF OFF TABLE IN FRONT OF CAR!! keep in mind I have 1 pioneer 12 with stock wires and only 4 ga wire.. now my sub is very efficient but omg this ppi 1k is twice as powerful was as my autotek 1600 was at 2ohm.. ppi has tested out at 938 @ 2 ohm and 1100 at 1 ohm.. I would never need more power than this., i'll have to adjust it tonite but I don't think I need to turn anything up just check ss filter but my port is 35 hz amp ss goes to 38 I backed it down from 38 like 15% should be close.. just amazing for the price..
see... now you know why we talk sh*t on autotek, boss and all the other junk amps? performance is not there. Lying out of their @sses. Be lucky to even get 160 actual watts out of that autotek.

see... now you know why we talk sh*t on autotek, boss and all the other junk amps? performance is not there. Lying out of their @sses. Be lucky to even get 160 actual watts out of that autotek.
I feel sure it was at least 350rms

u think agm battery under hood will help?? or would I have to do big 3? it's just problematic for my car cause supercharger pulley so close to my batt..

Big 3 before an agm imo
well turns out i may not need either, just got back from test ride (i never leave house past like 6pm) so i went down hwy no headlite dimming at all but amp power lite would cut off at real hard bass hits.. 3 things amp could be bad, sub could be messing up amps protecting itself (that coil was hot after 10mins), ground in trunk floor could be vibrating since it's right beside the sub., checked ground it wasn't what i would call tight but not sure how tight i can get it.. they say not to use existing bolts but other than that how could i tighten it up?, guess could use bigger screw same hole maybe see if that works..

Nut and bolt with star washers ? Maybe low voltage ? Mine I beat the living **** out of it at 1 ohm but it was running off my battery bank and I never had it protect ever.

well turns out i may not need either, just got back from test ride (i never leave house past like 6pm) so i went down hwy no headlite dimming at all but amp power lite would cut off at real hard bass hits.. 3 things amp could be bad, sub could be messing up amps protecting itself (that coil was hot after 10mins), ground in trunk floor could be vibrating since it's right beside the sub., checked ground it wasn't what i would call tight but not sure how tight i can get it.. they say not to use existing bolts but other than that how could i tighten it up?, guess could use bigger screw same hole maybe see if that works..
lets do a more proper test bud. Take a multi-meter and put it on the pos and negative of the amp while you play your heaviest and strongest bass songs and see the voltage reading there.

lets do a more proper test bud. Take a multi-meter and put it on the pos and negative of the amp while you play your heaviest and strongest bass songs and see the voltage reading there.
yeah i'll do that tomorrow., i just hope it's ground cause i'll just add 2 more screws to it and it won't be able to move then..

If the ground was loose that's probably part of the problem. Def check and see what voltage drop you are getting as stated. Glad you are enjoying the new amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

BOOMINGRANDPA

5,000+ posts
WOLFRAM FTW
BOOMINGRANDPA
NC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies