Alpine Type R or S, or something else???

Participant count
  • Participant list

Symon_say
10+ year member

You can't get me
Hi

I have new vehicle and that means new system, i want a SQ system, I'm planning on installing a 15" in a 2.0-2.5 cu.ft sealed box and i have a JBL ms-5001 that have 500W (sonix electronic say it produce 692W@2ohm), maybe i can upgrade the amp later, but that is not priority specially if i like how everything goes.

I think Type S fits the bill nicely, but Type R is in budget reach, i don't want to spend more than $200 on this.

Front stage will be JBL MS-62C hooked to JBL-MS1004, I'll probably run then active.

With $200 budget, 500W and 2.0 cu.ft sealed box, Should i go with Alpine S or R, or should i get something else??

Thanks, I was reading about Dayton UM, but they only have 2dvc and from what I have read the need a bigger box.

About the Dayton HO I used to have one of this and is a really nice sub, but it's only 12".

I have been inveatigating and it seen like I can fit a sundown e15 v3, will it be more musical than type s?
get the sundown E and amp like mine ppi p1000 it does 930rms @ 2 ohm (sonic tested it does 1162 @1ohm) set gain low be loud and u have amp tht'll allow u to add 2nd sub or get bigger sub later.. get sundown bstock at car audio bargain $128 or so and amp on amazon $153 sound really good for that $.. except for 2.5cf box u could get the 12 for $95 and get ported box..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.