Southwest Region Broke my Windshield at the show today.

AZ,CA,NM,NV,UT

Jeffdachef
5,000+ posts

Gunz That Turn on Nunz
in the beginning before i even knew my limit since i was still working on the setup till 1 am yesterday and didnt really get to tune and figure out whats the safe limits or my peak, I conservatively i metered a 154.6 at 39hz on a buddy's ssa apm-2 with the volume knob at 55 and sub level at -9 with a -5 db tone. I found out during demos, my comfortable spot is -6 sub level and 58 volume so i'll play with the meter in the next few weeks to see if we can sqeeze more out of it.. dipping to 10.3 volts all day long, not a single clip light or protect 3 hour back to back no rest demos, coils arent even close to slightly warm ice fking cold. Amp just barely warm, like a little bit above room temperature.

On the multi-meter and amp's clipping indicator on a - 5 db test tone, i start soft clipping at 30% gain at +6 sub level. The whole competition i was at 5% gain and the sub levels stated above. I dont feel comfortable pushing the amps to their proper output levels without a decent bank of lithiums for reserve. 10.3 volts is scary enough I dont need to try to drop to 9 volts to test taramps reliability....

Ya..these newer vehicles are made of paper thin bi-metal.Anything over 140,and you need to do some serious deadening and bracing.Im on my 4th w.shield.After flying particles and inbeaded glass particles in the face..Deff time to Brace..lol,and I havent even finished my wall..Thats with a ported box with 4-12s on approx 7k(under construction atm..looking at around 10.5 next round on subs onlt and approx 2-4 on mids and highs..and taking my time

you finally went wall?
been having the wall a long time, just had to seal it up more and more and work on the front stage.

fking scary today because my voltmeter **** on me yesterday.. i only realized it was 10.3 volts when i had my buddy come back and check what the amp's voltages were reading... By then i was already about to leave lmao. For the apm-2, I burped at where i knew i was still above a 13.0 voltage from initial fire up yesterday.

been having the wall a long time, just had to seal it up more and more and work on the front stage.
You should brace that roof a bit more..lol, or wear some goggles to keep that glass shavings out of the eyes,and a pair for the patrions

fking scary today because my voltmeter **** on me yesterday.. i only realized it was 10.3 volts when i had my buddy come back and check what the amp's voltages were reading... By then i was already about to leave lmao. For the apm-2, I burped at where i knew i was still above a 13.0 voltage from initial fire up yesterday.
how you like the build of the ascendant audio drivers?

how you like the build of the ascendant audio drivers?
FKING AMAZING SOUNDING SUBS HOLY FK Soundqubed aint sh*t lmaoo.. but yeah 3 hours of demo, coils are ice cold. Bandwidth can play whatever music genre or source i want. However i did lose the ability to play anything under 22hz and under with authority (actually flat out dead by 20hz) but I honestly couldnt give a FK its flat as hell 24hz to 60hz and rolls off to 85hz smoothly had the worst time determining my peaks since there was a 26, 34 and 39 and 49hz peaks that were barely a few tenths away from eachother.

Yeah bolt in a hot pink stripper pole asap near the windshield.
You should brace that roof a bit more..lol, or wear some goggles to keep that glass shavings out of the eyes,and a pair for the patrions
wood not helping lol dont wanna do stripper pole yet still want to stay in super street 3-4 when i do compete. Not extreme... might just do 1 inch thick plexiglass welded instead.

FKING AMAZING SOUNDING SUBS HOLY FK Soundqubed aint sh*t lmaoo.. but yeah 3 hours of demo, coils are ice cold. Bandwidth can play whatever music genre or source i want. However i did lose the ability to play anything under 22hz and under with authority but I honestly couldnt give a FK its flat as hell 24hz to 60hz and rolls off to 85hz smoothly

wood not helping lol dont wanna do stripper pole yet still want to stay in super street 3-4 when i do compete. Not extreme... might just do 1 inch thick plexiglass welded instead.
That'll work!

What RPM range were you at when hitting @13v?Seems like you should be at 1750-2k? Alt struggling on you?A bad batt in the bunch?

There used to be a place here in Dallas that made a 2"+(your choice up to 6") of a rubber seal that had a spring inlaid and had air pockets for flexability for windshields off of spur 408area

The only thing about Plexy is..It scratches easily and does not do well with sun/heat..becomes brittle in a short period of time.1/2" Glass up to 3/4 should work well..lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Jeffdachef

5,000+ posts
Gunz That Turn on Nunz
Jeffdachef
South Coast Metro, CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date