what hifonics amp for my Sundown Sa10 D4 sub

Participant count
  • Participant list

Hockeyfan

New york
Hello all, I was looking for a amp for my Sundown Sa10 D4 Rev 2 sub. I was running it with a kicker zx750.1 amp but that amp finally quit on me( turns on but doesn't send signal to my sub.) . Someone recommended the Hifonics Brutus amps, so I was looking at the BRX1516.1D and the BRX1100.1D. As of this time I have a small budget due to jeep upgrades that need to be done.

I have my sundown sa10 wired to 2ohms in a 1.1 cf box tuned to 32hz.

Whoever recommended Hifonics should be shot in the face. Ok so it's not that serious but why run a grade A sub with a D- amp? How much are you wanting to spend?

My budget is very small, right now its less then 200 for a amp. My other amp couldn't pick a worst time to fail. I was tempted to buy the sundown 1000 amp but it was out of my price range(350) and I seen that It only pushed 500rms at 2 ohms.

I just found a kicker 12cx600.1 for 120 and a 12xc1200.1 for 170, both are certified Refurbished. Are kicker amps still any good? I know my 07ZX750.1 was a really good amp.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you know if kicker still under rates their amps? or do their 600rms amps only put out ~ 600? , I know my old zx was marketed as 750 but had a birthsheet of 932RMS. Just not sure if the CX600.1 will power that Sa 10 correctly

I just looked at the cab 1600 and its rated 2 Ohm 1255W @ 14.2v , Seems like it might overpower the sub. I believe the SA10 rev2 is rated for 600rms

ok thank you all for your help, I do hate buying cheap but sometimes there's no other option. This Cab 1600 seems like its a good amp, the reviews on it are all 5 stars

ok thank you all for your help, I do hate buying cheap but sometimes there's no other option. This Cab 1600 seems like its a good amp, the reviews on it are all 5 stars
If you haven't already, read one of the gain setting tutorials. You can always back the gain down if you are worried about sending your sub to much power. I do personal know someone with a SA 15 on a SAZ 1500.

If you haven't already, read one of the gain setting tutorials. You can always back the gain down if you are worried about sending your sub to much power. I do personal know someone with a SA 15 on a SAZ 1500.
ok thanks again. ill check it out, I usually keep my gain very low.

I just looked at the cab 1600 and its rated 2 Ohm 1255W @ 14.2v , Seems like it might overpower the sub. I believe the SA10 rev2 is rated for 600rms
the subs will laugh at the power, you underestimate how beefy these subs are. People throw double the rms to them all the time dont trip. There's a thing called box rise as well, you'll never see 2 ohm power out of them. Never ever worry about overpowering, worry more about keeping a clean signal.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.