My subs are not hitting as hard as they should.

Johnrambo

tn
I have had a Fosgate t2 15 for a while and it hits pretty good. I finally decided to get an upgrade and bought another t2 15 and hooked it up. It hits with the same power as before. I have a RE audio 3000 watt amp. Is this just a power issue? What is the next step to get more bass.

I have had a Fosgate t2 15 for a while and it hits pretty good. I finally decided to get an upgrade and bought another t2 15 and hooked it up. It hits with the same power as before. I have a RE audio 3000 watt amp. Is this just a power issue? What is the next step to get more bass.
what do you mean bought another and hooked it up?

so you rebuilt the box and used the same amp? i'm thinking you doubled cone area but cut power in half..

impedance matching is important in output and getting the most power out of your amplifier..

the amp is a two channel so i just wired it up. Im an armature in the car audio world and i just wanted a stronger system.

i bought the sub in its own box so i have basically two separate sub boxes and there connected to the same amp. There facing up in the back of my scion xa

i bought the sub in its own box so i have basically two separate sub boxes and there connected to the same amp. There facing up in the back of my scion xa
orientation might be a problem now that you have two boxes. sounds like cancellation

did you mess up the polarity? switch the positive and negative for one of the subwoofers on the amp

A number of factors that could be the issue here. 1st how the hell did you manage to fit a few 15's in the cargo area....if you did I dunno and just guessing since your not stating ALL the facts we need to help you out? 2nd, is the enclosures sealed or ported? If sealed, won't get you much output whereas a bigger enclosure with both subs in it will. As wew lad stated, orientating the boxes around to see/hear which sounds best to ya will play a major role. Sounds like you got a prefab enclosure. They're junk really.

So basically garbage box setup, garbage amp. good subs. That would make any system sound weak. When answering us, make sure you dont say re audio 3000 watt amp because THERES MANY generations of the amps. Give SPECIFIC model numbers of anything you use. It makes a big difference on how you can wire sh*t up to get the most out of your amp.

1 Custom box built by someone who knows how to get you loud. Nothing on ebay, amazon or any car audio shop will get you loud. The box is the sole determination of wheter you get loud or not. You fk that up, you arent gonna get any results. especially with two different tuned boxes in the same car as you have it right now which results in negative bass aka you shot yourself in the foot.

2 find out what impedance those subs are and if they are even matching ohm loads.. Then rewire your amp properly.

3 Get rid of that RE amp and get an amp that does real power aka orion xtr 2500.1 off ebay for 370 shipped.

4 Upgrade your vehicle's alternator and add an agm battery to the rear and do the big 3 upgrade.

5 If you havent already, upgrade your head unit to an aftermarket head unit. Do not use line out convertors or audiocontrol cr@p.

Woah....Jeff is on a roll today //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.