Amp noise

Participant count
  • Participant list

Vandii

MI
I have a static/white noise coming from my 4 channel. I was trouble shooting a radio problem but when the rcas were disconnected from my amp, i still had the static. I have the same noise with multiple grounds. What causes the noise on the amp with power, ground, remote and speaker wire connected?

could be a problem with the amp, but i doubt it. 99% of the time it isnt.

99% of the time its a ground being corroded

Pitch does not change. The noise is present with vehicle running and off. The ground was freshly crimped and soldered and current ground is a factory location and sanded paint off. Previously tried using a seat bolt ground and had same issue

Pitch does not change. The noise is present with vehicle running and off. The ground was freshly crimped and soldered and current ground is a factory location and sanded paint off. Previously tried using a seat bolt ground and had same issue
do you have another amp you can swap it with to see if the issue persists with same wiring?

might be the amp

check for loose and bad grounds on the chassis of the vehicle nearby the battery. trace them from the negative terminal. look for areas of high resistance between your ground and the battery through the chassis.

might be the amp
check for loose and bad grounds on the chassis of the vehicle nearby the battery. trace them from the negative terminal. look for areas of high resistance between your ground and the battery through the chassis.
So you are referring to the grounds from battery and alt? And how exactly do i check for resistance? I have a dmm. Also which areas should i test resistance on?

So you are referring to the grounds from battery and alt? And how exactly do i check for resistance? I have a dmm. Also which areas should i test resistance on?
You can use the resistence function but that requires long probes so just check the DC voltage at different points with the system playing to see if you're getting drop. I.e. if you have higher voltage at the alternator than the rear amp you have drop somewhere between the two

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.