USB Audio problem

Participant count
  • Participant list

xhuffs

I have a Kenwood DPX502BT headunit, and when i use USB, it almost sounds like my speakers are blown, but only on some songs and not all the time, the speakers are brand new ALPINE SPE-6000 6.5in coaxial two-ways. The USB cable is torn pretty badly, but not through the signal cables, so it works fine. however, when i use AUX the speakers sound perfectly fine with no issues, is it possible that because the USB cable is torn around the outside and through the metal coating, which i assume is the ground, that it has affected the sound quality? I am using an iPhone 6 with the original iphone cable. I have not tested the headunit with a different cable. any ideas?

Almost Everytime I switch it or someone i see switch from aux to usb this happens. I've chalked it up to the usb being better quality, thus u don't have to crank on the volume near as much

if the shielding on the usb is damaged, youre likely going to have a problem, byt one would think that it would just not work at att, not introduce such noise as the music isnt music until after the DACs

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.