Super Budget Build

The_Grimy_One
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Phoenix, AZ
Ok, so I am currently driving a 2000 Honda Accord.

Its a super bucket, but it gets me where I need to be Lol.

I am looking to add a 4 channel and change out the speakers.

I may add a sub down the road, but for now that isn't important.

I do also have a pioneer deck already.

I have not upgraded highs in some time. What are some suggestions for 6x9s and 6.5s?

I will probably just go coaxial all around. But will consider a component set if the price is right.

I saw some NVX stuff. Anyone have experience with these? Worth the money?

Thanks ahead of time.

For super budget...

PPI 900.4

Silver Flute 6.5" Mids

Peerless Silk Dome Tweeters

This is an excellent sounding 2 way setup at a great budget friendly price.

The Peerless can play low enough to blend well with the Silver Flutes, and allows you the option later to do a 3 way active setup fairly easy.

For super budget...
PPI 900.4

Silver Flute 6.5" Mids

Peerless Silk Dome Tweeters

This is an excellent sounding 2 way setup at a great budget friendly price.

The Peerless can play low enough to blend well with the Silver Flutes, and allows you the option later to do a 3 way active setup fairly easy.
Is the PPI active capable?

yes. If you want 50 dollars cheaper the soundstream t900.4 is the same exact amp. Crossover points are 50hz to 5000hz bandpass capable. You can definitely do this new if you go active.
I'd be willing to go active in this scenario to save money //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Active without a DSP? I'm assuming u have one of the newer Pioneer decks that can run in Network Mode and let u set crossovers, time alignment, slope, etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just get a good sound up front don't worry about the back for now. $300 try this

CT Sounds Meso 6.5 comp set passive $160

PPI P-600.2 $99 refurb on ebay

JBL MS-2 auto tuning DSP (250 bit FIR filter) $40 new on EBay.

The MS-2 DSP is a very under rated piece of equipment

Active without a DSP? I'm assuming u have one of the newer Pioneer decks that can run in Network Mode and let u set crossovers, time alignment, slope, etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I used to run an 80prs. My current deck is an older 6900ub I think. So it does not allow for time alignment or active Xovers.

Just get a good sound up front don't worry about the back for now. $300 try this
CT Sounds Meso 6.5 comp set passive $160

PPI P-600.2 $99 refurb on ebay

JBL MS-2 auto tuning DSP (250 bit FIR filter) $40 new on EBay.

The MS-2 DSP is a very under rated piece of equipment
This is a super interesting setup as well. And puts me right at $300 haha.

Thank you.

Only reason I was considering back speakers was to add some low end without adding a sub stage.

Bro, I will donate a nice pair of 6.5" vifa coaxials for the front. I also have a pair of 6.5 drivers for the rear that would work well for bass/midbass if crossed low. If you're handy with the CA glue, I have a TC2+ 12" that is missing a dustcap. Would be good to go once one is in place. This could all be yours for the low, low price of shipping.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.