Sub comparison

Crown_Me_King

Memphis
I'm looking at some SA-12; 750 watts rms vs Memphis c3 12's; 600 watts rms. Which one is better for a Durango. I'm looking at a memphis 1100d amp to pair either one with

Item(s) Description/Condition:

Price:

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Item Pictures:

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea I know. I plan on upgrading to a bigger amp. What amp will be best for these subs for future reference. And also, will this setup make a Durango BANG!?
Welcome to Caraudio.com! Seems like you haven't exactly made up your mind yet. I know the feeling, and most everyone else here knows the same feeling. You get some subs, they sound amazing, and then 10 minutes later someone rides up and their setup blows you away! Now you have to go back to square one with the new setup ideas. We have all been there.

But in reality, the subs only play a small part in the setup, and believe it or not, its not the most important aspect to an amazing system. Usually its the quality of the install and sub enclosure that'll make the biggest difference. Tell everyone a little bit more about what goals you want to achieve. The Low Lows, Accurate response, small footprint, no electrical upgrades and low power, or High Output Alts and tons of batteries and power.

One of the most overlooked benefits on this site is the Car Audio Reference Database:

Car Audio Reference Database

It has some of the most amazing information and can be critical during those times when doubt about your system and design/install abilities overwhelms your confidence.

I hope this helps!

Yea I know. I plan on upgrading to a bigger amp. What amp will be best for these subs for future reference. And also, will this setup make a Durango BANG!?
get an orion xtr 2500.1 and two american bass xfl 15s. So buy a single XFL 15 now and go crazy later with two FK trunk space. Focus on box design. NEVER EVER buy a premade box. Stay away from ebay and amazon and the premade boxes at your local audio shops.

Thanks Joseph. I want that deep bass sound that you can feel and hear coming before you see me. Accurate response is a must. I want something I can brag about and be proud of. And I want to be able to show flex. I heard about prefab boxes are bad and over rated. So I'll look into a custom made box. @ Jeff, I'm just now hearing of american bass. I'm kinda iffy about them. I don't want to get something and it quickly goes out. Are the quality of the subs good? And what kind of RMS for subs and amp should I be looking at. I have already upgraded the big three and I'm running 1 guage wire for the lows and 4 guage for the highs. I have a JVC double din head unit (kw-av71bt). Memphis 6.5's for my highs and I plan on getting tweeters as soon as tomorrow

Also, my 6.5's are 50 watts RMS/100 total watts. What wattage amp should I pair with these. I'm looking online and it seem the base RMS is 50 for most 6.5's but will have a higher total wattage

Sent from my Z959 using Tapatalk

Thanks Joseph. I want that deep bass sound that you can feel and hear coming before you see me. Accurate response is a must. I want something I can brag about and be proud of. And I want to be able to show flex. I heard about prefab boxes are bad and over rated. So I'll look into a custom made box. @ Jeff, I'm just now hearing of american bass. I'm kinda iffy about them. I don't want to get something and it quickly goes out. Are the quality of the subs good? And what kind of RMS for subs and amp should I be looking at. I have already upgraded the big three and I'm running 1 guage wire for the lows and 4 guage for the highs. I have a JVC double din head unit (kw-av71bt). Memphis 6.5's for my highs and I plan on getting tweeters as soon as tomorrow
American Bass are good quality stuff, I second what Jeff suggested get a pair of xfl 15s an the 2500.1 with a custom box an you'll be happy.

And just to add, there's a particular person who will design you an enclosure for those AB subs, or whatever you decide to get.

@CSCStang would be the guy to design and/or make you an enclosure.

If you plan to get 2 subs, I'd get d4. Then wire down to 1 ohm. A lot of amps are 1 ohm stable, put out the most power.

Once he see's this thread, he'll respond. More than likely in a PM mode.

He did have some AB subs f/s on here. I dunno if he ever sold them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.