ID12v3 daily rms??

Participant count
  • Participant list
Take my reply as you see fit because I'm no expert but I did own a pair of ID12's sealed on a ID Q1200.1 and the subwoofers lasted all of 3 months. Those sub's can take around 200 to 250 RMS at best. My reply would be no, they can not take that amp. The subs are still sitting in my game room but are both blown.

EDIT......are you going to run them at 4-Ohm's? they may do well that way.

Last edited by a moderator:
You'll be fine with that amp. It's always better to have headroom. As long as you set your gains correctly, it should do its thang no problem. It would help if you had a remote gain up front too as you can adjust it on the fly. You gotta watch out when you play sealed setups too long, they tend to get more hot inside the enclosure so it's better if you don't wang on them with no mercy.

You'll be fine with that amp. It's always better to have headroom. As long as you set your gains correctly, it should do its thang no problem. It would help if you had a remote gain up front too as you can adjust it on the fly. You gotta watch out when you play sealed setups too long, they tend to get more hot inside the enclosure so it's better if you don't wang on them with no mercy.
You can played sealed just as long as ported. It's the same air. No speaker should be getting hot enough to heat up that much

But yes headroom is a really good thing.

Hmmm. I'd be doing a remote gain (rca in line level knob).... And I tend to bring the level up to the audible plateau and then bump it down some. Probably some light clipping, it's close but not perfect.

I feel like I'd smoke these. almost would rather have headroom on the woofer specs than the amp, I know the MMats will do it's just just fine with a reasonable remote level.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.