USB Issue playing music in my vehicle

Participant count
  • Participant list

Brando1289

Canada
Hi there,

I'll start this post off by admitting that I'm a little behind on technology. I'm just trying to figure out what is the easiest way to listen to music on my phone in my truck (2012 Toyota Tundra Platinum). I figured it would be as easy as plugging my phone into the USB-port - however when I do this, all that happens is my phone starts charging. Pressing the AUX button does nothing - and the USB and/or the AUX selections on my entertainment system are greyed out and won't play the music on my phone.

Any ideas on how to resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Are you using the factory radio in your truck? What kind of phone are you using? Sounds like the phone isn't compatible with the stereo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes - just the factory radio and it's a Samsung 7...so what's the easiest/most-economical way to get this to work?

If the factory stereo has a USB input I would just put MP3s on a flash drive and plug that in. Or if it has Bluetooth streaming you could connect your phone that way.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.