Buzzing/ White noise/ poping in speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list

Vandii

MI
I have a constant buzz/white noise when the car is off/on. Its not alternator whine, its a constant steady tone. Unplugging rcas from amp ends the static. When playing ito amp from phone the static is gone. I regrounded the amp, sanded paint and have the same noises. Rerouted rcas and it helped slightly but still static. The last recommendation i revieved is the noise s comming into the system from head units power or ground and thay i should ground the head unit to the chassis. Im grounded through the wire harness. Also there are random popping noise in the speakers such as when high beams are turned on or ABS is activated. Lastly, when turning off the vehicle there is sqeaking that goes through the speakers.

What kind of RCAs do you have? I had the same issue a while back and a new set of RCAs fixed the issue.

It also could be headunit related.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Vm audio rcas. I had these wires in a previous system but just got a new car. I never had these issues in the previous build. How do you feel about the advice to reground the head unit to chassis? Has anyone had ecperience doing that?

Vm audio rcas. I had these wires in a previous system but just got a new car. I never had these issues in the previous build. How do you feel about the advice to reground the head unit to chassis? Has anyone had ecperience doing that?
Are they twisted pair RCAs? And my issue was the same. Had a Alpine 9855 that was silent. Changed to a pioneer 2800s had the noise. Changed the RCAs noise went away.

To ground the radio to the chassis get a self tapping bolt and find a solid ground behind the radio, that easy.

I understand the reground to chassis idea, but i mean has anyone had success in eliminating noise by regrounding? I dont want to undo the wire harness, reground and it not be the solution. I did try running the rcas through the cabin directly to the amp and as i recall the noise was less. I orginally had them running under door plates and not run along the center console and the noise is slightly less than it was. But focusing on the popping like whe i turn on high beams, is this a ground issue or still related to the rcas?

I understand the reground to chassis idea, but i mean has anyone had success in eliminating noise by regrounding? I dont want to undo the wire harness, reground and it not be the solution. I did try running the rcas through the cabin directly to the amp and as i recall the noise was less. I orginally had them running under door plates and not run along the center console and the noise is slightly less than it was. But focusing on the popping like whe i turn on high beams, is this a ground issue or still related to the rcas?
When you had it going directly to the amp did you notice the popping? And to be honest cutting the ground and grounding it doesn't take very long. And yes it may help. What headunit is it? Was it the same one you had before?

I did not test for the popping. When park i do not believe ive ever had the popping. Normally its once i get on the main road from the driveway theres a single pop. Then maybe 30 feet down the road there a double pop pop. This seem to be consistent, everyday. Then driving down the road its rare it pops and its not impacted my bumps and such. Its is not the same head unit. Currently its JVC KW-R925BTS

Couple things here.....bad RCA's or bad ground. Bad grounds can be a ***** sometimes.....they're tricky.

Since neither cost any $$ to buy, I would start with either see if that fixes the noises.

I do not believe it is the amps ground. Ive regrounded and gad the same issues. What do you think about the head unit ground? Im using the wire harness ground

I do not believe it is the amps ground. Ive regrounded and gad the same issues. What do you think about the head unit ground? Im using the wire harness ground
Yea like we said. It's maybe that, the headunit itself or the RCAs. Changing the headunit ground is free so I would try that first. Then go from there .

Sounds good, thanks for the input. It will most likely be a few days before i can reground. Ill post an update after that

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.