Need New 6.5" or 6x8 replacements for Bose

Intended

Looking to upgrade my stock Bose sound system. I currently have a Rockford Fosgate P3 Sub with a Kenwood Mono Block Amp and want to get all new speakers for front and back. If possible I would like to get 6x9 or 6x8 all around because they are louder however I believe that there is 6.25 or 6.5's in the doors currently with the Bose. With my current setup I have the stock headunit and have a PAC output for the sub signal. So I want ideas for what speakers are good sounding, don't need much bass but I'm looking for something that doesn't get distorted and is loud enough to play loud with the windows down, also with good quality. I have about $200-$450 for all the speakers, maybe better ones in the front than the back seats. I want the front door components to be loud, clear and sound full and good and want ideas for good quality brands that sound amazing, will probably spend $200- $350 for front door components.

Looking to upgrade my stock Bose sound system. I currently have a Rockford Fosgate P3 Sub with a Kenwood Mono Block Amp and want to get all new speakers for front and back. If possible I would like to get 6x9 or 6x8 all around because they are louder however I believe that there is 6.25 or 6.5's in the doors currently with the Bose. With my current setup I have the stock headunit and have a PAC output for the sub signal. So I want ideas for what speakers are good sounding, don't need much bass but I'm looking for something that doesn't get distorted and is loud enough to play loud with the windows down, also with good quality. I have about $200-$450 for all the speakers, maybe better ones in the front than the back seats. I want the front door components to be loud, clear and sound full and good and want ideas for good quality brands that sound amazing, will probably spend $200- $350 for front door components.
doesnt matter what speakers you have, if your power is weak you will get distorted. If you just have a stock head unit, its not gonna go well any way you look at it. Even your stocks would have sounded great if you had 100 watts rms running to them. As in turn into a completely different monster/speaker. If you dont have power, dont even bother thinking a speaker swap will do anything for you.

The stock Bose Headunit is a dead headunit meaning no power. The stock Bose has a amp for the speakers. I'm going to be getting an amp for my new speakers when I get them and take out all of the Bose

http://www.ebay.com/itm/XS-57-IMAGE-DYNAMICS-5x7-6x8-2-WAY-COMPONENT-SPEAKERS-NEW-/322463284504?hash=item4b144f3d18:g:GgUAAOSwdGFY1sRh

best deal around

http://www.ebay.com/itm/XS-57-IMAGE-DYNAMICS-5x7-6x8-2-WAY-COMPONENT-SPEAKERS-MIDS-TWEETERS-CROSSOVERS-/400670792436?hash=item5d49d71af4:m:m5f9rpRMjh-00hL_QmG3K6Q

The stock Bose Headunit is a dead headunit meaning no power. The stock Bose has a amp for the speakers. I'm going to be getting an amp for my new speakers when I get them and take out all of the Bose
5x7 and 6x8 are the same

Nice thats the best way to do it. Get an active capable head unit and go with raw drivers instead

I would not touch anything 5x7 or 6x8. All really junk selections compared to 6.5s

Also forget about rears and put all your money into the front and amplifier.

Id get crescendo un 6.5s and image dynamics xs28 tweeters with a pioneer 2800 to 5800bhs if you want touch screen if not, get a pioneer 80 prs.

Budget amp would be a soundstream t900.4

Decent amp would be an alphard 200.4

2 channels of the amp will power the tweeters, the other two will power the mids. The head unit will have active crossovers which allows each to do their own job perfectly matching your vehicle acoustics. You can then time align the drivers to make a proper sound stage as well. Music will be taken to another level than just loud and clear. Itll be a life changing experience so to speak. We talking next level sh*t. However rear speakers will prevent you from achieving this because rear speakers destroys the sound stage.

You will need sound treatments to your vehicle if you want that full sound. No speaker will offer that since thats pure install and tune dependent. Basically requires you to use sound proofing materials to make a speaker box out of your car door.

You will need sound treatments to your vehicle if you want that full sound. No speaker will offer that since thats pure install and tune dependent. Basically requires you to use sound proofing materials to make a speaker box out of your car door.

Not trying to hijack the thread but will using boom mats for the door speakers do anything to help or does the door need to be sound deadened with something like dynomat?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.