DarkKnightSM

Illegal tint, pulled over, mechanically CANNOT roll up windows, obstruct of justice??

Interesting, I wonder How involved I should make this. As someone stated 27 all around might be enough but sometimes you can't help but push your rights to the limit. Even though I would breaking the law innocent until proven guilty, right? Perhaps backup windows, I can run home, pull the panel, install the tintless windows and take it to the station like that to "prove" my innocence. Ha, that would be really involved and crazy though, if they were to make me go to the station to prove the window is legal.

Imo, I think tinting the windshield is a dumb idea, esp driving at night. I can see why people do it but laws in each state/city are gonna vary and I know a lot won't approve of it. So if you got a tinted windshield w/o knowing the law first, your just risking it.

Here's it's def illegal.

Some people have better or worse eyesight then others. I can ride my motorcycle with tinted visor at night and be fine. Not that IM considering tinting my windshield cause I do actually prefer tint less vision out the front.

up here in denver the cops really dont mess with ya like thathat. of all the people i know of one that got a ticket for tint. and the bs part was his was audi from the dealer lol

Funny thing is, I work on base so I'm more worried about cops on base then off base. Ive only been pulled over like 3 times in the 3 years I've lived here. All for speeding, not once gotten a ticket, but adding illegal tint to my "speeding" compounds the issues and id be more likely to get ticketed. Odd, id be ok for getting a ticket for speeding, not ok for getting a ticket on tint when i have an expensive *** sound system, No AC so tint would help the car stay cool, and keep prying eyes out of the cabin of my car. Thats my reasoning anyways

Maryland was 35% and I thought it went to 50% lol and back down 35% again. Anyhow, guy here had his civic windshield done in something dark like 20 or lower and ran over someone crossing the street at night. He is in jail cause the person ended up dying.

2006 Mini Cooper S

Head unit. Pioneer PRS-80

Sub. 2 DD 9515- 8 cube @38

Amp. FSD 3800

Battery. XS in factory location & Limitless 40AH

Best of 151.5 so far.

Maryland was 35% and I thought it went to 50% lol and back down 35% again. Anyhow, guy here had his civic windshield done in something dark like 20 or lower and ran over someone crossing the street at night. He is in jail cause the person ended up dying.

That would definitely **** !

Pioneer Prs80, Rockford DSR1, Taramps 15000 HD, two 18 team FI , 4x PPI900.4s, Massive Audio CT2 tweeters, CDT 6.5 mids and 2 pr Anarchy midbass, 3 group31 juice box batterys , lots of 0 gauge and NRG aluminum hardware, Triple 300 amp CES hairpins, 4 Banks of 6 ultra caps.

Interesting, I wonder How involved I should make this. As someone stated 27 all around might be enough but sometimes you can't help but push your rights to the limit. Even though I would breaking the law innocent until proven guilty, right? Perhaps backup windows, I can run home, pull the panel, install the tintless windows and take it to the station like that to "prove" my innocence. Ha, that would be really involved and crazy though, if they were to make me go to the station to prove the window is legal.

Innocent until proven guilty is only in the court of law. If they can physically see it there isnt much you can do. You can take it to court, but the court fees will be way more than the ticket is worth. And with body cams on police becoming even more main stream not even worth it IMO.

CA.com FAQ's

HU: ///Alpine 9887, KCE-400BT, KCE-433IV, KTX-100EQ Imprint, 8Gb iPod Touch

Front Mids: Eclipse SC6500

Front Tweeters: Morel made Xtant 28MM Silks

Subs: Audiomobile Evo 10" TC2+

Enclosure: 1.1 Cubes sealed with 10 Ounces Poly Fill

Amp: Audio Systems Twister F6 380 III

Funny thing is, I work on base so I'm more worried about cops on base then off base. Ive only been pulled over like 3 times in the 3 years I've lived here. All for speeding, not once gotten a ticket, but adding illegal tint to my "speeding" compounds the issues and id be more likely to get ticketed. Odd, id be ok for getting a ticket for speeding, not ok for getting a ticket on tint when i have an expensive *** sound system, No AC so tint would help the car stay cool, and keep prying eyes out of the cabin of my car. Thats my reasoning anyways

It doesnt matter what your reasoning is, its not the law. Its a law because cops get hurt or worse by people with dark tint because they cant see in the car.

CA.com FAQ's

The law here is 35 percent. My front windows are legal, but the rears are 15 percent. The car is a 2006 and I have only been questioned once about it. I told the cop that it was factory tint and he believed me.

digital designs 9512h with cf cap

sundown saz 3000d at 2 ohms

meca legal 141.3 db on the headrest with a 34hz tuned daily box

Imo, I think tinting the windshield is a dumb idea, esp driving at night. I can see why people do it but laws in each state/city are gonna vary and I know a lot won't approve of it. So if you got a tinted windshield w/o knowing the law first, your just risking it.

Here's it's def illegal.

I don't disagree. When I had mine tinted before the cops made me take it off, it really was a pain in the a$$ at night. It did worry me driving through neighborhoods at night. Real pain to to see anythjnf when there was no street lights.

I got mine done for looks. More so because I hate the strip across the top. I will say....I've never done the entire windshield on any car I've owned since.

Also, I know they made me sign a waiver at the place I got it done. I can't remember exactly what it said, but it was along the lines of "this vehicle will only be used as a show car, is not going to be used on the road and Wax Werks will not be held responsible for...blah blah blah"

Here in AZ you can get a note from the eye doctor allowing darker tints.

Refs: Mitch86, talon, kramer_212, kushy_dreams, ctmaudi, pro-rabbit, ikoolguy, tat2bass

Here in AZ you can get a note from the eye doctor allowing darker tints.

Thats a thing in many states. Problem is it also pigeon holes you into the other side of illegal. If you get caught driving a car without tint and you have a drs note on file saying you need the tint. Guess what? You get the ticket. You also have to have the drs note re-certified every year.

CA.com FAQ's

Thats a thing in many states. Problem is it also pigeon holes you into the other side of illegal. If you get caught driving a car without tint and you have a drs note on file saying you need the tint. Guess what? You get the ticket. You also have to have the drs note re-certified every year.

Sounds like a hassle to me.

Just don't tint windshield. Plain and simple. Why fight something that's illegal?

97 4 dr. Tahoe

Interstate battery

Alpine 9835 (Pioneer DEH-80PRS coming soon)

Polk Audio MM6501 comps

Wolfram amps coming soon, 3000.1, 125.4

2 Sundown Audio X 15's Tuned @ 30Hz.

Knukonceptz/Royal Excelene wiring

Some people have better or worse eyesight then others. I can ride my motorcycle with tinted visor at night and be fine. Not that IM considering tinting my windshield cause I do actually prefer tint less vision out the front.

So what. Some people are diff over others. That's a given. But to come on here thinking you can beat the law with all these lame excuses.....you got no case homey. You must be young.

97 4 dr. Tahoe

Interstate battery

Alpine 9835 (Pioneer DEH-80PRS coming soon)

Polk Audio MM6501 comps

Wolfram amps coming soon, 3000.1, 125.4

2 Sundown Audio X 15's Tuned @ 30Hz.

Knukonceptz/Royal Excelene wiring

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now