Illegal tint, pulled over, mechanically CANNOT roll up windows, obstruct of justice??

DarkKnightSM

Senior VIP Member
So ive been reading around about cops legally being able to make you roll up your windows if they pull you over. Using such things as charging you with obstruction of justice, impounding your car search warrent etc. most of these cases are with people who outright refuse to roll back up their windows so the officer can check for tint. But what if i make a hidden killswitch somewhere and the officer pulls me over for suspected tint but i mechanically cannot roll up my window and apoligize greatly for not being able to do so? Is this legal? I was willingly cooperating but the car ran into mechanical issues or whatever, i can play a ton Of excuses out in my head

Last edited by a moderator:
So ice been reading around about cops legally being able to make you roll up your windows if they pull you over. Using such things as charging you with obstruction of justice, impounding your car search warrent etc. most of these cases are with people who outright refuse to roll back up their windows so the officer can chheck for tint. But what if i make a hidden killswitch somewhere and the officer pulls me over for suspected tint buti mechanically cannot roll up my window and apoligize greatly for not being able to do so? Is this legal? I was willingly cooperating but the car ran into mechanic issues or whatever, i can play a ton Of excuses out in my head
Let me know how that works out for ya !

Im not sure how it works in Colorado and how strict they are

In Cali they'll call in another 4 squad cars and **** off for about 45 minutes while they are "inspecting"

This happened to me in 2004. Had a brand new Pontiac GXP in Indiana. Had 35% on entire windshield and 15% on all windows. Saw the cop flip a bitc* and knew what time it was. He got behind me and threw on lights. I already had my windows down by that time. He checked my windshield with his tintometer. Then tried to tell my to put my windows up. I told him to get a warrant....worked for me. It was like 530am and I was on my way to class downtown.

Wrote me a ticket for the windshield but gave me until the afternoon to get the car back to the station with windshield tint removed and ticket would be torn up

Needless to say, I pulled up to the station with all my windows down...

Again, this was in 04

It's strange that they would even bug you for 15 and 35%. I've been tinting people's vehicles like that for years and have never been bothered. That's a fairly factory look. I've been thinking about doing my windshield too since I have my dash removed. I think I'm asking for trouble with that one though and I don't want to ruin a good thing.

It's strange that they would even bug you for 15 and 35%. I've been tinting people's vehicles like that for years and have never been bothered. That's a fairly factory look. I've been thinking about doing my windshield too since I have my dash removed. I think I'm asking for trouble with that one though and I don't want to ruin a good thing.
Tint, They dont even have sun in canada do they ?

few tint guys have told me the kill switch works, just dont let them find it. not hard if you can put it in a small cubby with a door.

more of a pain to set up imo. havent had much trouble in FL, ive been pulled over for it but they left me alone. i try to explain that its florida so it hot as balls, i dont want people looking into my truck and seeing stuff to steal, and that when i bought it had the tint.

the brow or bad driving will get you noticed and pulled over 10000x times faster than slightly dark tint

Last edited by a moderator:
It was the entire windshield tint that caught his attention. I think we are only allowed to have the little sun strip done, but I hate the look of that. I'll roll the dice on being caught with the whole windsheld before I do that strip.

Could have been the angle he caught it at. All Black interior, so in some lights the windows looked opaque

It was the entire windshield tint that caught his attention. I think we are only allowed to have the little sun strip done, but I hate the look of that. I'll roll the dice on being caught with the whole windsheld before I do that strip.

Could have been the angle he caught it at. All Black interior, so in some lights the windows looked opaque

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...