DarkKnightSM

Illegal tint, pulled over, mechanically CANNOT roll up windows, obstruct of justice??

So ive been reading around about cops legally being able to make you roll up your windows if they pull you over. Using such things as charging you with obstruction of justice, impounding your car search warrent etc. most of these cases are with people who outright refuse to roll back up their windows so the officer can check for tint. But what if i make a hidden killswitch somewhere and the officer pulls me over for suspected tint but i mechanically cannot roll up my window and apoligize greatly for not being able to do so? Is this legal? I was willingly cooperating but the car ran into mechanical issues or whatever, i can play a ton Of excuses out in my head

Edited by DarkKnightSM

So ice been reading around about cops legally being able to make you roll up your windows if they pull you over. Using such things as charging you with obstruction of justice, impounding your car search warrent etc. most of these cases are with people who outright refuse to roll back up their windows so the officer can chheck for tint. But what if i make a hidden killswitch somewhere and the officer pulls me over for suspected tint buti mechanically cannot roll up my window and apoligize greatly for not being able to do so? Is this legal? I was willingly cooperating but the car ran into mechanic issues or whatever, i can play a ton Of excuses out in my head

Let me know how that works out for ya !

Pioneer Prs80, Rockford DSR1, Taramps 15000 HD, two 18 team FI , 4x PPI900.4s, Massive Audio CT2 tweeters, CDT 6.5 mids and 2 pr Anarchy midbass, 3 group31 juice box batterys , lots of 0 gauge and NRG aluminum hardware, Triple 300 amp CES hairpins, 4 Banks of 6 ultra caps.

Im not sure how it works in Colorado and how strict they are

In Cali they'll call in another 4 squad cars and **** off for about 45 minutes while they are "inspecting"

Team Flex Issues

JVF Customz

REFS- Supergumby5000, Lastcall, 919motoring, hippishake, daboyfromdabx (great seller), beach22

im not sure how it works in colorado and how strict they are

in cali they'll call in another 4 squad cars and **** off for about 45 minutes while they are "inspecting"

yup !

Pioneer Prs80, Rockford DSR1, Taramps 15000 HD, two 18 team FI , 4x PPI900.4s, Massive Audio CT2 tweeters, CDT 6.5 mids and 2 pr Anarchy midbass, 3 group31 juice box batterys , lots of 0 gauge and NRG aluminum hardware, Triple 300 amp CES hairpins, 4 Banks of 6 ultra caps.

This happened to me in 2004. Had a brand new Pontiac GXP in Indiana. Had 35% on entire windshield and 15% on all windows. Saw the cop flip a bitc* and knew what time it was. He got behind me and threw on lights. I already had my windows down by that time. He checked my windshield with his tintometer. Then tried to tell my to put my windows up. I told him to get a warrant....worked for me. It was like 530am and I was on my way to class downtown.

Wrote me a ticket for the windshield but gave me until the afternoon to get the car back to the station with windshield tint removed and ticket would be torn up

Needless to say, I pulled up to the station with all my windows down...

Again, this was in 04

How about just dont do dumb illegal shit?

CA.com FAQ's

HU: ///Alpine 9887, KCE-400BT, KCE-433IV, KTX-100EQ Imprint, 8Gb iPod Touch

Front Mids: Eclipse SC6500

Front Tweeters: Morel made Xtant 28MM Silks

Subs: Audiomobile Evo 10" TC2+

Enclosure: 1.1 Cubes sealed with 10 Ounces Poly Fill

Amp: Audio Systems Twister F6 380 III

How about just dont do dumb illegal shit?

Thats what I was just thinking and that I am glad I am not a Kid anymore lol I was always doing stupid **** !

It's strange that they would even bug you for 15 and 35%. I've been tinting people's vehicles like that for years and have never been bothered. That's a fairly factory look. I've been thinking about doing my windshield too since I have my dash removed. I think I'm asking for trouble with that one though and I don't want to ruin a good thing.

Car: '91 Chevy sprint turbo

Head unit: pioneer 80prs

Speakers fr: hertz high energy 6.5 and tweets

Sub: 2011 re xxx18 overhung in 36cuft ib wall

Fr amp: Phoenix gold xenon 200.4

Sub amp: 2001 Orion 2400 xtr pro

Alts: 2x 140 amp

Batteries: 2x 92ah enersys powersafe agm

8 runs of 4 gauge power and ground

It's strange that they would even bug you for 15 and 35%. I've been tinting people's vehicles like that for years and have never been bothered. That's a fairly factory look. I've been thinking about doing my windshield too since I have my dash removed. I think I'm asking for trouble with that one though and I don't want to ruin a good thing.

Tint, They dont even have sun in canada do they ?

few tint guys have told me the kill switch works, just dont let them find it. not hard if you can put it in a small cubby with a door.

more of a pain to set up imo. havent had much trouble in FL, ive been pulled over for it but they left me alone. i try to explain that its florida so it hot as balls, i dont want people looking into my truck and seeing stuff to steal, and that when i bought it had the tint.

the brow or bad driving will get you noticed and pulled over 10000x times faster than slightly dark tint

Edited by wew lad

I AM The Future of personal transportation, NOW!!
Pretty sure everyone on this site hates you (@JohnKuthe) more then me and that's very hard to accomplish.

Tint law is 27% in Colorado that's pretty dark lol why not just get 27 tint all around and avoid the hastle

It was the entire windshield tint that caught his attention. I think we are only allowed to have the little sun strip done, but I hate the look of that. I'll roll the dice on being caught with the whole windsheld before I do that strip.

Could have been the angle he caught it at. All Black interior, so in some lights the windows looked opaque

It was the entire windshield tint that caught his attention. I think we are only allowed to have the little sun strip done, but I hate the look of that. I'll roll the dice on being caught with the whole windsheld before I do that strip.

Could have been the angle he caught it at. All Black interior, so in some lights the windows looked opaque

Tell the police you have to have your windows tinted cause your ugly.

2016 Focus ST3 - Rockford DSR1 / PPI 900.4 / Silverflute 6.5" mids / Massive CT2 tweeters /Sundown Xv2 15"/ Taramps DSP3k / Stinger Roadkill / KNU wiring / Northstar SMSAGM80 /

2010 Focus coupe 157@46hz

Pioneer 80prs /(8) FU Audio 750 12"s / (4) FSD 2600s / (1) FSD 125.4 / (1) FSD 85.4 / (4) Crescendo UN-10" mids / (4) Crescendo FT1 tweeters / Stinger Roadkill / 2/0 EB flex wire / (5) Powerware 90AH batteries / DC 270XP Alt /

https://www.youtube.com/popwarhomie

too many freq at once, burn the coil, we all know, over 40-50hz, its all coilburning material.

Tint, They dont even have sun in canada do they ?

5 or 6 days of the year we get some sun. lol The rest of the time being surrounded by snow and ice is pretty blinding.

car 1.jpg

Tell the police you have to have your windows tinted cause your ugly.

Good thinking! Ill have to try that when i pick up my new car on monday. Its a black 04 GT with prob 15%

2010 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor:

2 American Bass XFL 15"s

8 cubic foot box

Taramps HD 3000 at 1 ohm

Soundbox 1/0 CCA wire

200 amp police alternator

Imo, I think tinting the windshield is a dumb idea, esp driving at night. I can see why people do it but laws in each state/city are gonna vary and I know a lot won't approve of it. So if you got a tinted windshield w/o knowing the law first, your just risking it.

Here's it's def illegal.

97 4 dr. Tahoe

Interstate battery

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Polk Audio MM6501 comps

Wolfram amps coming soon, 3000.1, 125.4

2 Sundown Audio X 15's Tuned @ 30Hz.

Knukonceptz/Royal Excelene wiring

5 or 6 days of the year we get some sun. lol The rest of the time being surrounded by snow and ice is pretty blinding.

Oh i didnt think of that lol !

Get blinded by the snow and hit an igloo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

up here in denver the cops really dont mess with ya like thathat. of all the people i know of one that got a ticket for tint. and the bs part was his was audi from the dealer lol

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now