Hertz Mille Legend vs AudioFrog GB

siubaak-sv

CA
I recently bought a mk7 GTI and thinking to install Hertz Mille Legend or AudioFrog GB. I usually listen to Pop (vocal), country, acoustic guitar and classical/romantic piano. Not rap, heavy metal, techno.

I already have a Audison bit one, two Hertz HDP 4 and HDP 1 from my old car.

Here is what i'm thinking:

Option 1:

Audison Bitone

Two Hertz HDP4 (for 4 tweeters & 4 woofers)

Hertz HDP1 (for 1 subwoofer)

Hertz Mille Legend ML 280.3 (2 pairs)

Hertz Mille Legend ML 1650.3 (2 pairs)

Hertz Mille Legend ML 2500.3 (10 inch subwoofer)

For this option, I got complete Hertz system, these speakers are well built. (I actually compared that using my eyeball and my fingers.)

However, the size of the tweeter is smaller than AudioFrog, 28mm vs 38mm. And I think the AudioFrog tweeter is more for vocal at least. And Hertz subwoofer is smaller than AudioFrog GB 12, two inches smaller, but 10 inch is the largest Hertz subwoofer for Mille Legend line.

Option 2:

Audison Bitone

Two Hertz HDP4 (for 4 tweeters & 4 woofers)

Hertz HDP1 (1 subwoofer)

AudioFrog GB 15 (for the front)

AudioFrog GB 10 (for the rear)

AudioFrog GB 60 (2 pairs for front and rear)

AudioFrog GB 12 (12 inch subwoofer)

For this option, all speakers will be AudioFrog GB. Good thing about this option, I got a larger tweeter and larger subwoofer. However, when I look at the actual speakers, the built quality of AudioFrog is not as good as Hertz Mille Legend, although they are both made in China. AudioFrog is a 3 years old company.

Quick summary:

Company:

Hertz in this industry over 10 years, AudioFrog only 3 years.

Hertz Legend got EISA awards, both 2-way system and subwoofer.

Build Quality:

Hertz is much better than AudioFrog. I actually compared that using my eyeball and my fingers.

Equipment:

I need to buy extra amp if I'm going for Option 1 (complete Hertz system)

Tweeter:

AudioFrog GB15 is larger than Hertz ML 280.3. 38mm vs 28mm. And GB15 plays vocal louder and AudioFrog in the showroom.

Subwoofer:

AudioFrog gives me option for 12 inch, which suppose to give me a deeper bass than Hertz Mille Legend ML2500.3 10 inch subwoofer. On the other size, ML 2500.3 should give me more accurate and cleaner bass.

But I never have a chance to hear them, they are not in the showroom. But the ML 2500.3 got the EISA award, not AudioFrog.

Crossover:

I'm not going to use Hertz Mille Legend or AudioFrog crossover. I'm going to use the audison bitone

Cost:

Very close. Because Hertz subwoofer is more expensive than AudioFrog,. Option 1(Hertz) is around $200 more than option 2 (AudioFrog). I'm trying to get the best system, so even I switch car, I can still move the system to my new car without buying new equipment, as long as the new car is still 2-way system, not 3-way.

Thanks for any input.

Last edited by a moderator:
If u look at the frequency response graphs for the GB15 & then the ML280.3

You can see the GB stays flat lower. And also plays louder across the spectrum. It stays 97 db +/-1 from about 1.7k up.

The Mille is only 92db +/-2 from 2.2k to 15k.

The frog does more and it does it smoother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can see the GB stays flat lower. And also plays louder across the spectrum. It stays 97 db +/-1 from about 1.7k up.

How about Subwoofer?

How about Subwoofer?

Haven't heard the Mille subs. While I was assured they performed well....I had the GB12D2 running on 300 watts and i was speechless.

I don't think (at this point) I'll be running any other subs than AF. And that's just from personal preference, no numbers or technical specs.

Hi Mr Green,

I don't see AudioFrog stays 97db +/-1. It should be around 92~3db. Please see the graph below from AudioFrog website.

AudioFrog GB15:

GB15-Graphweb1.gif

Hertz Mille Legend 280.3

ML280Graf.jpg

Hi Papermaker,
What do you mean by "38mm tweeter will have issues"? What kind of issues?

Thanks!
In a 2way you want a big tweeter that can crossover lower. They will roll off faster off axis but at that high of a frequency you don't hear much anyway.

You can go wrong with either one.

In a 2way you want a big tweeter that can crossover lower. They will roll off faster off axis but at that high of a frequency you don't hear much anyway. You can go wrong with either one.
38mm will be **** above 15k. You will miss the sparkle air and openness of the recordings.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.