Is This Amp Enough?

Participant count
  • Participant list

billyb1987

UK
Hello everyone, could someone please tell me if this amp...

Vibe Slick Stereo 4-V2 4 Channel 4/3/2 Car Bass Amp Amplifier 800 Watts | eBay

Will be enough to power these speakers?

2xFront: Fiat Grande Punto 2006 onwards Vibe 17cm Front Door Speaker Upgrade Kit 240w

2xRear: VIBE Slick 6x9" 6x9 480W 3-way car rear deck oval shelf speakers, brand new pair | eBay

The headunit I am using is this:

Fiat Grande Punto Sony MEX-N4000BT CD MP3 USB Bluetooth Iphone Radio Kit Black | eBay

Thanks everyone! Just waiting for confirmation so I can pull the trigger and go with this setup! I appreciate all who help.

Vibe makes pretty decent stuff.

That amp will be plenty. You have to look at RMS wattage not Peak or Max.

The amp does 75w RMS x 4 @ 4ohm.

The front speakers are rated at 80wRMS each and those 6x9s are rated 160w rms each so its a perfect match even though the 6x9s will be a little underpowered.

Thanks! The head unit outputs 4x55W so would it be better to underpower my front speakers (80RMSx2) through the head unit which would allow me to bridge the rear speakers (160RMSx2) to the amp as a 2-channel at 200W, or do you recommend running all 4 speakers through the amp at 4x75W?

Hello everyone, could someone please tell me if this amp...Vibe Slick Stereo 4-V2 4 Channel 4/3/2 Car Bass Amp Amplifier 800 Watts | eBay

Will be enough to power these speakers?

2xFront: Fiat Grande Punto 2006 onwards Vibe 17cm Front Door Speaker Upgrade Kit 240w

2xRear: VIBE Slick 6x9" 6x9 480W 3-way car rear deck oval shelf speakers, brand new pair | eBay

The headunit I am using is this:

Fiat Grande Punto Sony MEX-N4000BT CD MP3 USB Bluetooth Iphone Radio Kit Black | eBay

Thanks everyone! Just waiting for confirmation so I can pull the trigger and go with this setup! I appreciate all who help.
i assume the hu 55x4 is max power (links didn't work for me) where as the amp 75x4 is rms so should be 3x more power and u have hp over to keep some (or all) of the bass out, louder cleaner sound of course my hu has hp xover that one may too..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.