Amplifier 1 Ohm stable.. Sub 1/2 ohm

Participant count
  • Participants list

lsvtec

CA
I bought a sub not checking the ohm imp. (my fault) seller said it was a d2 Sundown ZV4 12", but is a d1.. pararell will go into .5 ohms and series will make it 4 ohms... will my amp run it in 4 or half ohm?? i'm running a sonido mask fx 3000.1 FX-3000.1D

I tried it at half ohm and sub sounded like coils were rubbing a bit when powered up.. i am running stock alt. and batteries for now..

any suggestions would be nice.. thanks

Just a tip. IF the amplifier cost a LOT LESS than other amplifiers that output similar power, do not run it outside of it's suggested parameters.

Test it at 4 and crank it up to see if you still hear the odd sound.

I bought a sub not checking the ohm imp. (my fault) seller said it was a d2 Sundown ZV4 12", but is a d1.. pararell will go into .5 ohms and series will make it 4 ohms... will my amp run it in 4 or half ohm?? i'm running a sonido mask fx 3000.1 FX-3000.1D
I tried it at half ohm and sub sounded like coils were rubbing a bit when powered up.. i am running stock alt. and batteries for now..

any suggestions would be nice.. thanks
YEAH if u have d1 sub it'll wire up to 2 ohm thats where u wanta be don't wire anything to 1/2 ohm unless it's something listed that it'll do but even then i wouldn't.. that amp test out at 2900rms at 1 ohm so u wouldn't wanta put that much to 1 sub anyway., 2 ohm should be what u were trying to do..

that amp doubles from 4 to 2 ohm, then barely makes 20% more at 1 ohm.... that tells you that, even though it is rated to handle 1 ohm, its not done well. .5 is probably a drop in power. just run it at 2 ohms and take the 2500.... beside that, you shouldnt be running over 1200 on the best stock alternator anyways. it's usually a 800rms max for most vehicles, but 1k is often done okay.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.