Tweeters sound distorted (feel like there blown..) when car start

Participant count
  • Participant list

rizz06

Hi guys,

i am new in the word of audio system for car, altought i find my way to do everything by myself because i like to understand how thing work together. i came across some problems this weekend after installing my front tweeters,speakers and rear speakers.

I got also everything that i needed for the installation to easy up my work. Everything went smooth regarding the installation and next week iam suppose to get my aftermarket radio and its done. (not sur if ill put and amp)

So my problem come from my tweeters, i notice when i crank my volume the sound coming from them feel like they are blown... but what i dont understant is that they are brand new, when the car is off and i play only the radio they sound and work really good. But when i start the car they start to distort, and i need to lower the volume so i dont ear the distortion. On top of that all my other speakers sound great nothing bad there. Its only my tweeters, something is wrong for sure and i didnt find my answer by looking on different forums.

If anyone had a problem similar to mine, share it its might be my solution.

thanks guys (sorry for the bad english)

Are the tweeters on a crossover? If they are not they are playing to low. That could explain how it works with the car off. They are getting next to no power. With the car on they are getting all the power you have available. If it's a headunit I'd guess all you have is 10-15 watts. Car off is probably under 5 watts.

This is my best guess but at some point i saw noise static issue sounded similar to my problem with the blown speaker ... other common issue i came up was the central point for grounding could be also my issue ?...

my other speaker are not on crossover, that i know for sure... do you thing there is problem ? do you think its might be with the frequencie not distrubuted to the right speaker ? that what crossover is ? and again sorry if i sound noob or so, i can understand how thing work but i need to understand what coponent is for what.

thank again for the support

From my point it can be an issue that your system and the tweeters are not matching properly. That can be a reason why you are not getting the proper result as you thinking to get. So, you should focus on those things. (your system, sub-woofers, tweeter etc)

From my point it can be an issue that your system and the tweeters are not matching properly. That can be a reason why you are not getting the proper result as you thinking to get. So, you should focus on those things. (your system, sub-woofers, tweeter etc)
What are you trying to say?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.