Looking for a new sub-stage in my 2016 Double Cab

Participant count
  • Participant list

dafobbishon3
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Texas
I am a long time caraudio forum member. I used to be an audiophile back in high school. You can see what I used to have in my old car in my signature below. I had a custom made 15" that was 2000rms strong and I had a sick front stage: HSK165 powered by an Arc Audio KS300.2 and I had a huge 100lbs battery in the back. I had a huge 3.5" enclosure ported at 32hz. I was reaching around the 145dBs. Unfortunately I had to sell them all and I sold the old car so now I upgraded to a 2016 Tacoma double cab.

I plan on getting a dual 10" set up. I'm going more for sound quality compared to my previous build. It's been 10+ years and I want to get back into the scene. I really appreciate good sounding music.

Box 1: TOYOTA TACOMA SUBWOOFER ENCLOSURE DOUBLE CAB DOUBLE 10" SUB BOX 2005-2015 | eBay

- For a dual 10" sub, this is a great price at but it's the wrong year... I'm not sure if this will fit my 2016 back seats...

Box 2: https://www.supercrewsound.com/05tacomadbldual.html

- If box 1 won't fit, this one might but I'll have to fork over $190 including shipping but it for sure fits a 2016 because they have a 2016 option! However this is twice the price of Box 1.

Subs: https://www.amazon.com/Alpine-SWT-10S4-10-Subwoofer-4OHMS/dp/B00KHAC9SO

- For 350 watt RMS 1000 watt peak, $109 is a great price for this. This is pretty under-rated and I can probably run up to 500 watts rms comfortably.

Amplifier: https://www.amazon.com/Alpine-MRV-M500-V-Power-Digital-Amplifier/dp/B00BMR7UPS/ref=pd_bxgy_107_img_3?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00BMR7UPS&pd_rd_r=9WG628M5B6HH1JVYXK2D&pd_rd_w=SMwft&pd_rd_wg=dhgWW&psc=1&refRID=9WG628M5B6HH1JVYXK2D

- For a class D mono block at 500 watts RMS @ 2ohms, $160 is also a pretty **** good price. I do plan on upgrading the amplifier in the future but this is great for breaking it in.

Wiring Kit: https://www.amazon.com/KnuKonceptz-KCA-Complete-Gauge-Installation/dp/B017HNIJBY/ref=pd_bxgy_107_img_3?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B0050I6KII&pd_rd_r=PC8DAG8KBZDZEYNS7RFW&pd_rd_w=IlqQO&pd_rd_wg=xBLoj&refRID=PC8DAG8KBZDZEYNS7RFW&th=1

- I think 4g is the largest size that'll fit this amplifier but $30 for a wiring kit isn't bad.

$100 (or $190)

$220

$ 30

$160

$510

IMO this is a pretty good price for a decent set up. I know alpine is a pretty good brand. I hate kicker. JL is over priced. Rockford fosgate shallow subs aren't bad but alpine beats RF in the subwoofer class that I referenced above in both price and performance. I used to have some old boston acoustics which were a pretty good entry level set of subwoofers.

What do you guys think? Any experience on these or any feedback on other possible enclosures?

My concern is the subwoofer box fitting in my 2016 double cab toyota tacoma, and even if it does fit, I'm concerned if the subwoofer will fit and play well without bottoming out. The mounting depth for the enclosure is 5" and the subwoofer's is at 4 13/16" so it's cutting it pretty close.

I do plan on keeping the factory head unit and so I will have to purchase a LOC but that can be had on amazon for under $10

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.