JL Audio 1200 Amp

Icecube91

Senior VIP Member
I was looking to get a JL Audio HD 1200 but was looking at the pictures and say that there is a infrasonic filter which you can have it off or on and if its on it says on the amp anything below 30hertz wont play. I wanted to set this filter to 27-28hertz. Should I turn it on and have it set to 30hertz or leave it off?

Next is the low pass filter which is called filter freq (HZ) I think im good with this one but wanna make sure I can set it to 80Hz.

Lastly, there is a filer mode switch that says OFF/HP/LP. What is this for?

If I cant set the subsonic and low pass filter I might just get the JL Audio 1200/v3 which has these settings. Only wanted the HD because its a small amp. I have the pictures below. Top one will be the HD1200 and the bottom will be the 1200/v3

Boy, that does appear to be the case, and yeah that really blows. Maybe someone who knows for sure will chime in.

You'ld think 20hz would be the lowest. Id' want my current sub ported set to 27hz also.

One thing i don't like about my JL XD800.8 is the highest High Pass setting is 500 hz. Which is useless with tweeters. A8n channel amp and with crossovers, but nothing for tweeters,,, it seems they missed a couple of obvious features.

EDIT the specs says sub sonic is 15-60hz on the slash...

HD1200.1 manual says

"The “Infrasonic Filter” is a 24 dB/octave highpass

filter, with a fixed cutoff frequency of 30 Hz.

This filter is designed to conserve amplifier power

and protect subwoofer systems, without audibly

degrading the sub-bass output.

With ported enclosures, the use of the

“Infrasonic Filter” is highly recommended to

protect the speaker(s) from excessive excursion

below box tuning.

With sealed enclosures, the use of the filter

is less necessary, but can still help protect the

speaker system from excessive excursion.

The “Infrasonic Filter” can be completely

defeated by selecting the “Off” position on its

switch. This bypasses all signal from flowing

through the circuit."

Looks like its ether off or on to me.

Yeah the infrasonic is called the subsonic on JL HD amps. It cuts off at 30 hertz and my box is tuned to 34Hz. So I can turn it on and have it cut off at 30 or leave it off. Most of my songs don't play anything below 28Hertz. For Fitler mode do I just set it at LF mode and set it at 80Hz?

What does the Filter Slope, Input Voltage, and Output Polarity do?

Yeah the infrasonic is called the subsonic on JL HD amps. It cuts off at 30 hertz and my box is tuned to 34Hz. So I can turn it on and have it cut off at 30 or leave it off. Most of my songs don't play anything below 28Hertz. For Fitler mode do I just set it at LF mode and set it at 80Hz?
What does the Filter Slope, Input Voltage, and Output Polarity do?
Slopes are the amount the output rolls off. Google them to see how each one works.

Input voltage is the high or low level of your preamp.

Polarity is just that.

I would leave it on. Filters are not brick walls. That's the downfall of most mainstream amps. Better amps will be adjustable.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.