Wiring powered Subs through Amp-

Participant count
  • Participant list

35WINDOW

I have asked this question once before and am still confused (sorry!)-

A little background-I am building a high horsepower Hot Rod (800+ h.p.)-it is a 30's Ford Coupe, so inside space is at a premium (read: small)-through this debacle I have purchased 12" Subs, 10" Subs and now, 2 Infinity Basslink SM's (8') (yes, I know you guys don't care for Infinity, but they had what I wanted)-

So-this is powered through a Infinity Kappa K5 Amp (I wanted it to be Bluetooth), and thought I had it made (at first), which is why I bought the 12' Subs-found out there was NO way to fit them-same with the 10", so I bought the Basslink SM's (they barely fit under my Seat)-it's really not what I wanted, but they are all that will fit, so-

My problem is wiring them-my Kappa K5 is a 5 Channel Amp, so I have to split the signal (I thought when I bought it that I would only have one Sub, but.......)-

So, my confusion comes from:

1. Knowing which input to use (line level-which there are 4 connections-I only have 2 input wires, + & -), or speaker level (RCA, of which there are two connections; see Owner's Manual (hopefully the Link is correct):

https://pdf.crutchfieldonline.com/ImageBank/v20151103104200/Manuals/108/108BASSLSM.PDF

2. If I use the RCA Jacks (I've purchased everything needed to do this), obviously, the Sub input only has a plus (+) and a minus (-), but the RCA Jacks have an added ground-how to use that (as there wouldn't be an actual "ground" with only two inputs?

I've tried to attached a drawing how I think it would be wired with RCA Jacks, but the File is too big to share-

Please help! I've built a $100,000 Car (and understand electrical pretty much), but this totally confuses me-

Here is a copy (hopefully) of the Amp Owner's Manual:

https://pdf.crutchfieldonline.com/ImageBank/v20160511134700/Manuals/108/108K4.PDF

Thanks in advance for any help offered!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.