Glue for dust caps

Lbetts818

CarAudio.com Elite
Ok.....so let's start with I failed miserably. I ordered two decals in the shape of Michigan. Being red decals I thought hey white dust caps would look cool. We'll fail number one is plasti dip(had a Can laying around and yes I masked off everything but the cap) is a pain in the @ss to get a smooth even coat on a dome shape. Lesson #1 learned. Fail #2 the decals I ordered someone pointed out are 6"x6"

So would be too big anyways. Lesson learned #2 , take 5 min and grab a gawd d@mn tape measure lol. So I ordered two 6.5" caps from fixmyspeaker.com. Do I remove my old caps? If so how? And what's a good glue to use on the new dustcaps. Their glue seemed crazy pricey but o don't know what fair prices are since I've never glued anything on a sub. And last question should I just glue over the old dust cap? Any help with my fu(k up would be awesome. Thanks guys. One day I'll get to remove my noob badge :/

Yeah. Nothing wrong with the sundown logo at all //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif love sundown. Just wanted something different.

Oh ok.

So prob the most easiest way to remove those dustcaps is a heatgun and a very sharp razorblade. Like one of those hobby knifes.

Heat gun to "soften the glue" around the dustcap and the razorknife to slowly cut between the cone and dustcap.

Awesome. Thank you. Any recommendations on a glue? The stuff there seem to be really expensive and I figured there would be a cheaper option out there somewhere that would work just as good.

Np. Thanks for the info above anyways //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif will at least get me a start.

The cap coming is a 6.5" one. Can I just glue it over the original? Or bad idea? And e6000 thank you! That's what I was more looking for was how to properly glue the new one on and what brand of glue from say lowes or something.

U don't want to remove stock dust cap! The stock one is there for cooling purposes.

U want to leave stock cap on and put a bigger one over it. Use amazing goop on new cap.

Honestly I'm about to stop helping because everything u ask me something you must not believe me because u come on here and ask it a second time. So why am I even helpin.

Wasn't that I didn't believe or 2nd guess at all. I just couldn't remember what glue and did not wanna keep asking the same questions and blowing up your phone. Was just trying to get a simple glue name to use. And yes the stocks will stay on.

I used Goop when replacing dust caps on a few Alpine Type R and worked good.

Hobby grade CA glue would dry much faster and if you go to a good hobby shop you can get it in many types

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.