Can my ground be 3ft for my amp?

ekah

Senior VIP Member
hawaii
Seems that's the shortest it can be since its bolted to my back seat and using my tire well as a ground

d73539d48ac122d72449c29d672264cf.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

It would be ideal if it is as short as possible. The longer it is, the more chance there could be interference introduced into the wire.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Seems that's the shortest it can be since its bolted to my back seat and using my tire well as a ground
d73539d48ac122d72449c29d672264cf.jpg

My amps are 10 feet away, up a 0AWG cable to the neg battery post. I had what I thought was a great chassis gnd 1-2 feet away but it caused weird unloaded amp heating! Gone with the 0AWG to the neg battery post!

John Kuthe...

It would be ideal if it is as short as possible. The longer it is, the more chance there could be interference introduced into the wire.
This x2

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

Is it okay to have 2 grounds next to each other ?
Yeah should be ok.

Just not together which will result in ground loop and possible noise.

Is it okay to have 2 grounds next to each other ?
Yea. Grounds are funny. I have had alot of trial and error over the last year. Basically what is found out was, some places sounded better than others. Try a few different spots. One of the best tips i can give is to make sure the metal is very very clean. And the threads of the hole you make.

Threaded holes in sheetmetal??? I've used bolt/nut combo.

Bare metal to bare metal is always and will be best.

And after the ground is complete, there's some sort of spray can that you shoot a little of to prevent rust. I have no idea what it is but is def recommended. Maybe a rust prevention or something...?

Now try out the stereo see if you have any ground noise before putting everything back together. You know, kinda like a test run.

Threaded holes in sheetmetal??? I've used bolt/nut combo.
Bare metal to bare metal is always and will be best.

And after the ground is complete, there's some sort of spray can that you shoot a little of to prevent rust. I have no idea what it is but is def recommended. Maybe a rust prevention or something...?
If he was using a existing bolt hole i meant.

run it directly to the negative battery terminal lol

you couldnt run it directly down and to the left/right grounded to a subframe piece by the doors ?

It should be a couple of mounting bolts to the seat on the same side as your ground output on your amp have you thought about using them?

run it directly to the negative battery terminal lol
you couldnt run it directly down and to the left/right grounded to a subframe piece by the doors ?
Installer guy already installed a 0AWG 10 foot cable to the pos battery post. It was easy and good and did the job as intended!!

And me and installer guy first found a big ole bolt like a seat frame bolt and installer guy removed the bolt then wire brushed down to bare metal and put a crimped wire terminal to 4AWG wire to the amps, and my PDX-V9 amp got weirdly way too hot so I decided to quit playing aroujnd and have installer guy run the 0AWG cable to the neg post on the battery, and PERFECT! Amp overheating disappeared.

John Kuthe...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.