Hooking up door speakers to amp

Breznal

Texas
Alright guys I read a ton of forums but I figured I'd get information based on my current setup on what is the best thing to do.

Setup currently:

(2) JBL - 6-1/2 2-way coaxial speakers 180W Peak 60W RMS(front doors)

(2) JBL - 6x9 2 way car speakers 300W Peak 100W RMS(back doors)

Head unit is a JVC Model KD-R980BTS

I am looking for an amp that can run all of them so I assume it's supposed to be a 360W+ Amp to reach the RMS. I want a good brand with reliability. I am also trying to figure out how to best wire them and what are the best wiring kits to buy for such a project. I had two 12" Kickers but sold them because I want to get something else but I will be using a separate amp for the subs that I purchase. Any help is appreciated.

Alright guys I read a ton of forums but I figured I'd get information based on my current setup on what is the best thing to do.
Setup currently:

(2) JBL - 6-1/2 2-way coaxial speakers 180W Peak 60W RMS(front doors)

(2) JBL - 6x9 2 way car speakers 300W Peak 100W RMS(back doors)

Head unit is a JVC Model KD-R980BTS

I am looking for an amp that can run all of them so I assume it's supposed to be a 360W+ Amp to reach the RMS. I want a good brand with reliability. I am also trying to figure out how to best wire them and what are the best wiring kits to buy for such a project. I had two 12" Kickers but sold them because I want to get something else but I will be using a separate amp for the subs that I purchase. Any help is appreciated.
I had my installer guy run a bunch of 12GA speaker wires to all my speakers and 8GA to my 12" sub. Running 100W x4 to foujr Alpine 6x9s and 75W x2 to two PHD 5.25" comps. And 500W to my 12" sub in box under my butt.

Gotta get enough good clean power to those speakers to be burn some out as I did with bad amp gain settings! But I've got the amp gains' set better now, and WOW! GOOD! :)

John Kuthe...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JohnKuthe']I had my installer guy run a bunch of 12GA speaker wires to all my speakers and 8GA to my 12" sub. Running 100W x4 to foujr Alpine 6x9s and 75W x2 to two PHD 5.25" comps. And 500W to my 12" sub in box under my butt.

Gotta get enough good clean power to those speakers to be burn some out as I did with bad amp gain settings! But I've got the amp gains' set better now, and WOW! GOOD! :)

John Kuthe...[/QUOTE]

how do you think any of what you said there is helpful?

@Breznal there's at least 4 800.4 or 900.4 class d 4 channel amps you can buy for ~$200 shipped to your door.

nvx jad800.4
ppi 900.4
to name a few

get a 900.5 5 channel if you dont need a lot of sub power and want to save money

[quote name='wew lad']how do you think any of what you said there is helpful?

@Breznal there's at least 4 800.4 or 900.4 class d 4 channel amps you can buy for ~$200 shipped to your door.

nvx jad800.4
ppi 900.4
to name a few

get a 900.5 5 channel if you dont need a lot of sub power and want to save money[/QUOTE]

It doesn't, and he's trolling.

Gonna dislike every post he replies to from now on since he's NO HELP whatsoever.

[quote name='wew lad']how do you think any of what you said there is helpful?

nvx jad800.4
ppi 900.4
to name a few

get a 900.5 5 channel if you dont need a lot of sub power and want to save money[/QUOTE]

Okay so which is better to get if I plan on getting one 12W7AE-3 - JL Audio 12" Single 3-Ohm Subwoofer 400-1000W RMS (2000W Peak)?

how do you have access to this forum and still think JL is a good product for the money?

I didn't have access I just looked up on diff forums and then I came to this website made an acct and posted this. My plan was to get some DD audio subs but then my friend told me about the W7 he has and it's sounds good to me in my defense the best I've ever had was kicker 12s comps I don't know too much about sub wise which is why I came here for guideance sorry figured this was a place where a newbie could learn some stuff.

There is nothing wrong with a W7 but you can do 10x for the money.

Would it be a better idea to stick to my guns and go with DD audio? My other friend has a jeep and it literally raddles her entire jeep but she has 2 of them and I was looking more or less for 1 really good one so didn't know what to go with

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.