Sony MEX-XB100BT

Face of Fear
10+ year member

The Beard
Iowa
Anyone used it? Just looking for some input.

It has 5v pre outs, claims to have a built in amp, time alignment, aux, USB, and is right at the $200 mark. I'm a little skeptical since it is Sony, but who knows, maybe they finally got there act together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sony makes the best radio out right now period fyi

Anyone used it? Just looking for some input.
It has 5v pre outs, claims to have a built in amp, time alignment, aux, USB, and is right at the $200 mark. I'm a little skeptical since it is Sony, but who knows, maybe they finally got there act together.

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

Link radio

Wow okay. So Sony finally stepped up its game in the audio world. I'm gonna have to pick one up then.

I haven't looked at the Pioneer decks in a while but I always thought the PRS80 was close to $300.00 or more????
I think it is. I was just curious is the sony right on oar or ahead of it?; maybe I need to see what all else sony has going on

I think it is. I was just curious is the sony right on oar or ahead of it?; maybe I need to see what all else sony has going on
I'm still playing with the Sony and a few others on display and trying to learn all the feature sets on each diff unit is a pita lol. Believe it or not but I've never played with that Pioneer unit but have always read great things about though...

I will say this about the Sony's though, I'm a Sony and Alpine dealer but the Sony units out sell the Alpine's 5-1 and both are awesome brands for us.

See ima eclipse guy but I want to be in the new for.once. my kenwood that I got last year or the year before isn't bad but it does kinda ****. I like how cheap radios are now but I've had a thing for the black sheep (sony) for awhile now once I played and got a few of the big reds and stuff. I've never liked pioneer but was actually leaning towards that prs80. But I have literally never bought a lynching pioneer until this month and that was just to get what came with the rest of the package deal lol. So tell me.more about the sony radios. Do they have a nicer one then this? I know they have that one that is what 1k or over a grand but I'm not looking. To spend that kind of cash

I'm still playing with the Sony and a few others on display and trying to learn all the feature sets on each diff unit is a pita lol. Believe it or not but I've never played with that Pioneer unit but have always read great things about though...I will say this about the Sony's though, I'm a Sony and Alpine dealer but the Sony units out sell the Alpine's 5-1 and both are awesome brands for us.

I've been an eclipse guy for years. I honestly miss my old CD2000, but to adjust with the times I had to move on from it. I have a JVC arsenal double din in my daily, but it just won't do what I need it to do in my integra.

sony is fine for average joes. NO WHERE NEAR 80 prs league AT ALLL not even close. I tuned both i know their capabilities. They dont belong in the same sentence period.

Sony is for guys that dont want to install an amplifier and want decent sound quality. Not active capable, limited EQ, you can add amps and do an average spl setup for loud and clean its fine for that.

80 prs can do magnificent SQ along with the loud and clean, everything to accomadate your vehicle's acoustics and more to create the best sound stage and blend possible for max clarity and imaging. Sony cannot come close to achieving this. Also the 80 prs has THREE 24 bit burr brown DACs. vs sony's single 24 bit dac. Sound is just better out the box.

Not ragging on sony, its a great unit I install for most of my non audio buddies but its just used for a different purpose and in a different league.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.