Review on Sony MDRXB950BT/B Basshead headphones.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jeffdachef
5,000+ posts

Gunz That Turn on Nunz
So I got extremely tired to listening to 24 hour fitness music and finally got a pair of bluetooth headphones just to try out and gave these a shot.

First impressions, okay build quality. beyond comfortable earpads, you can literally listen hours without any discomfort. Output is pretty weak Even with my 32 bit dac amp on my lg v10 turned on. Bluetooth mode actually sounds way better than hooked on with an aux cord PLUS playing with an EQ, even sounds better bluetooth than being on a dedicated amp and DAC. Digital Signal starting to beat out Analog connections in the headphone industry, i like it. Both the headphone and My phone supports APTx so thats a big factor.

Sound

Meh midrange, weak undetailed treble. However people with sensitivity to sibilant SSS sounds would love this headphone You'll never have any harshness even at max volume

however volume output is fairly weak with this headphone. Usually other headphones i'd have to keep it at 80% volume for comfortable listening. This headphone has to be at 100% to be equal to 75% level with the other headphones.

Bass, pretty decent. With the bass boost button on you can get globs of bass, more than what beats can provide but does it cleanly without affecting midrange or treble. always major bass vibrations on rap music. Slight hint of SPL. on certain notes but this is from a basshead perspective. The average person will melt at the amount of bass this produce and say this is the greatest sh*t ever. I tried test tones, it played down to 8hz before dying out. However the bass response is extremely flat, solid consistent output from 15hz to 120hz without missing any notes like how most car audio setups do with the 60 to 120hz range dying out in 90% of the setups out there.

Basically you can expect a stock mids and highs sound system with a pair of 8s in a T line on 1000 watts kind of sound with these headphones. Very loud . Not that great at noise cancelling. Battery life is good charging is fine. For your average basshead though, for 109 dollars you cant complain, it has globs of bass compared to most headphones on the market.

Soundstage is horrible. Clarity is not that great. Not sure if these headphones are for me when working out. I find mids and highs get me hitting my PR lifts way better than strong bass with weak mids and highs. Past me would have loved these headphones. Bass isnt a strong enough mental stimulant for me anymore i guess. Not unless its above 150db and crushing my body as well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.