F-150 Supercrew design and build help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Punkinuts

I am wanting to do something under the rear seat of my truck. I am wanting to build a SQ system. Unless I raise the rear seat, I'm looking at .70 cf per chamber in a sealed setup. Without raising the seat, this setup would either be up firing our down firing. I like the idea of using 12s to cover more range than 10s. If I raise my rear seat a couple inches, I could possibly fit regular 10s in a forward firing setup. What is the preferred setup as far as subwoofer size as it pertains to volume and sound quality? I've also read that some good quality equipment can be had using brands that are not household names I.e. Fosgate, Kicker, etc. I am not severely budgeted but I'm not hemorrhaging cash either. I will build the system and enclosure myself. Once I figure out, with some help, the subwoofer issue, I'll move on to planning the mids and highs. Any and all opinions are extremely welcome. Thank you in advance

I have a single JL 10tw3 up firing in my own 0.5 cubic foot box. Easily fit a 12" if you wanted to as long as it's a shallow mount.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Nice. What is the purpose of the port style you designed/built?
With the box being the support/base of the seat I wanted a port that was tuned where I wanted (30Hz) and big enough area to avoid port noise so a folded port like this was the only way to make use of the space and make it the right length for tuning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the box being the support/base of the seat I wanted a port that was tuned where I wanted (30Hz) and big enough area to avoid port noise so a folded port like this was the only way to make use of the space and make it the right length for tuning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gotcha. Thanks. Another question. I see you have use sundown subs. Are they good quality? Good sound quality? What brand will be the best bang for my buck, so to speak? Will shallow mount 12s deliver good sound/bass versus regular mount 10s? Ok that's more than one question but I want to make sure my money is well spent. I don't care about the name printed on the speaker. I just want quality stuff without breaking the bank.

Could you have fit two? Do you mind posting a pic?
7137af3ba7fd9530981d02a2fff5da66.jpg
2bc140204b32cf49eda2ef0deed749e7.jpg

Could fit 2 no problem at all.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.