Chevy HHR any good for builds?

raptor727
10+ year member

come get some!!
pensacola FL
Tempted to get back into audio and was considering a Chevy HHR for a c-pillqr wall. My question is does anyone have experience building in one like what is the alternator situation like? I heard Mike at singer makes a 320 hairpin for it. Also 4 15's sound on the large side for a c pillar in this car? Thanks for any and all knowledge on this

Ive seen one up close at a show in Austin couple years back.Guy had 4 XFL 10s walled up in there and was using pipe to brace the roof.Joker got down with it

I had 2 sundown subs in a 07hhr very little room to add equipment to especially batteries if u plan on going big , I can get u my photo bucket to see pics

So not enough room for a decent c pillar? I was just going to do four sa15's a lithium and a flatline FL2. I got three kids so b pillar is kinda out of the question lmao

Yup my buddy old Hhr did 160db+. 2.2 motor ran for 200k and still going strong. Custom dual alt bracket on it. Was a beast... the car peaked at 33hz... I know a few people that have Hhr like graham on caco and they don't like 40hz+ lol. They like 40hz and under

If your only doing a cpillar wall I would do 3 zv4-zv5 12s. 9 cubes with 105" of port tuned low like 28hz...

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.