Taramps hd8k

buckeyes#1
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
p-town
I will say I'm impressed so far i was little hesitant at first but did a 1st run yesterday, and was surprised by the power and the way this amp was moving my subs , and love the remote clip indicator , been a sundown guy but the price and power of the amp you can't beat it Now off to sell saz 3500

I love mine as well, long as you don't play it under 1ohm and keep her voltage good she's a beast!!!

The new HD8000 eX versions can play down to 0.5ohm. We are National Tech Advisor and Global Distributor for Taramp's. We know some things about them as long as certain conditions are met.

Hey I'm pleased with it at 1ohm..700$ well spent I just want to get it out so people won't hesitate to buy a taramps now I'm looking to replace my 100.4 sundown with a taramp

I was the same way as you bud. Had a dc 3.5k and bought me a banda 7k, at one ohm there was no comparison in power output and the banda was better on electrical as well. Needless to say I sold that korean ASAP.

Now i sold my ampere tfe 8.0 to get two hd15ks lol

Ya same here, I was skeptical until I touched base with @Jeffdachef and was going to get a Banda 7k But decided to get 2 ohm 10k taramps but when I went to order it they were out and they sold me a 1 ohm 15k at a price I couldnt pass up. I have been really happy with it so far. I cant wait to see Jeffs build with two of them !

yeah im sure ill be able to turn up the gain some once i get it out this spring i have a 383 in my s10 and it dont like the cold so it was only idling like 600 rpm i dont even think the alt got going yet so ill play with it more after i get it off the dollies

I was the same way as you bud. Had a dc 3.5k and bought me a banda 7k, at one ohm there was no comparison in power output and the banda was better on electrical as well. Needless to say I sold that korean ASAP.
Now i sold my ampere tfe 8.0 to get two hd15ks lol
if you want to do clamped classes ill show you have to clamp your amps..

It must have been on the top 50. Unless i was brousing and the forum is just that dead.

Complain much?

---------- Post added at 04:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 AM ----------

Actually. I might grab an 8kw..

It must have been on the top 50. Unless i was brousing and the forum is just that dead.Complain much?

---------- Post added at 04:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 AM ----------

Actually. I might grab an 8kw..
it doesnt shoot up the top 50 out of nowhere. The top 50 is ordered by most recent. Just admit it, you were stalking me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

it doesnt shoot up the top 50. The top 50 is ordered by most recent. Just admit it, you were stalking me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif
Im really wanting to see how clean the output is and how the react to reactive loads.

I dont want to change tge prototype. It just sounds to freaking good. So im thinking about doing a 8k and giving it a super clean 2500 to 3k to really test the limits.

PLUS i'm Working on a pair of under-hung 4" neo drivers similar to the tc sound 5100 neo. I ordered some carbon-fiber 1k 2x2 twill to make my own cones. Im going to pay an arm and a leg to get them tooled and custom coils but i think its gonna be worth the 2500 bucks..

Thinking about doing a one time run of some of the what i honestly think will be the loudest baddest low distortion drivers built..

Last edited by a moderator:
what kind of electrical are you guys using to keep this amp efficient? im about to purchase but want to make sure i have adequate power.. please advise ..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

buckeyes#1

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
buckeyes#1
p-town
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies