What's the best amp under $300

Couple of options here;

I suggest a 2ohm amp like an alpine m100 which is 1k for around 269.

You could do a quality Korean like a ts 1.3k, that only does about 700@2 for 289. (Good amp tho)

Or a larger chinese amp at 2ohm like a skar rp2000, that can probably do 1k+ for 229.

I suggest the 2ohm amp only if you dont plan to add a second sub later

Current budget boner is Rockville amps. I've been having great luck with their 2channel 1200rms @4ohm certified for $115 shipped (can do 2ohm bridged as well)

They have a couple good mono's .... Rockville rxd m4 (1500rms@1 for $149 shipped) rxd m5 (2k for 199)

The sk is a korean board. Better power supply, more forgiving of low voltage, more durable below 1ohm. Features that someone at 2ohm doesnt necessarily need.

The sk isnt any better than the twisted sounds. No point in paying a premium if you decide on a korean amp. It should be noted, the v2 sk amps are inferior to the v1 sk amps

No they are not. They are overrated and power hungry. That just cost more to get power out of them.
Yeah, you're right, but if you are on a budget and only care about dynamic power they're fine. My BRX 2400 makes good power. Maybe not rated, but enough

No they are not. They are overrated and power hungry. That just cost more to get power out of them.
I wouldn't say they are overrated but there ratings can be misleading, generally we test about 10% lower then printed rated power, but underfed majority of the time yea. They have also been around long enoughf to prove durability and power if power is supplied - hence alternator and battery.

How many have you heard about catching fire?

How good is there warranty and board?

I'm not all about hifonics at all trust me lol, but for durability and budget it's a perfect amp IMO.

just my opionion.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.