Will Kinetik fit Tahoe?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bass911
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Dallas,TX
I'm talking about the newer Kinetics. The newer BLU series that are black have different dimensions than the blue ones that were discontinued. I want to replace the main with a hc2000 without flipping it on its side. I think the new hc2400 is taller than the older blue one. I have a 2001 Tahoe and still would like to use the side post. I'd like to get the hc2400 in there, but it looks like it is taller than a xs d3100? I don't want the hc1400 so don't even suggest it, and I want something with more amp hours than a xs d3400.

Do you know how to use a tape measure?
If so measure your old battery in there now and you'll have your answer.
I already measured it and don't understand how people are fitting these big batteries. All I see on pics is people using the older blue Kinetics. I can't find one pic of the newer ones in Tahoes. There's also another inch for me to add for the type of terminals I'm using. I'm just going to take a chance on the hc2000. If I can't get it to work I'll flip it side ways and put it on the passenger side. I saw an older blue hc2400 sitting in the main battery spot with plenty of clearance on the top, but when you measure it it seems like it will sit up higher. Don't worry, I'll figure it out.

lol yeah I figured you could
Measuring doesn't work all the time because sometimes you never know when they are measuring from the top post or just to the top minus the post. The Bosch platinum I had in there is measured wrong on pep boys website as far as the height. The Kinetik and XS power can stay on the shelf because I went cheap. I got 2 Duracell agm Platinum batteries to go under the hood, and I already have 3 batteries in the back that have about 100ah a piece. I read somewhere that some guy said he was having problems closing is Tahoe hood with the hc1400. That's why I didn't bother with Kinetik. The hc1400 was supposed to be a direct fit, but I didn't want to take a chance. The Bosch battery was leaking acid and the acid destroyed my hose to the windshield wiper reservior. It won't look like the pics after I finish running the new wires, and get an alternator.

20170124_163928.jpg

20170124_164036.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
These batteries are pretty good so far. I still need to run 2 runs of zero to the back. The turquoise looking wire running to the back is Cadence, and it has corrosion so bad that you can see it through the jacket. I still need to order some more power wire to complete it. Everytime I crank the truck the voltage is higher than it use to be, but I think the big 3 upgrade is responsible more than just adding another battery?

20170127_211121.jpg

20170202_210946.jpg

20170202_210752_RichtoneHDR.jpg

20170202_210707_RichtoneHDR.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.