15" subwoofer no t/s specs now what

Participant count
  • Participant list

singlesubsetup
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
seattle
hay I have 2 subs called valor 15" newegg discontinued 15

I would like to use them a HT setup using a rack amp rated at 1k watts into 2 ohms. The problem is the company who made them is out of business and an owner's manual doesn't exist. If I was shooting for a ported box what would be a good start? like maybe 10 cubes ported to 30hz? That seems to be a generic size tuning for 2 x brand subs. No I don't want the subs tested for exact t/s specs lol

thoughts, on a box size /port tuning? thanks

I wouldn't even bother with it. Sell it on CL cheap like 20 bucks.

Go with another HT sub you know that's still in business.

I wouldn't even bother with it. Sell it on CL cheap like 20 bucks.
Go with another HT sub you know that's still in business.
I got sooo many subs sitting around and car audio is no longer an option. I could use my quad coil 15" atomic but that would be a bear to move around in an enclosure, also 2 L7 15's (not to mention the ported 10's in the pic) . figured my el cheapos would sound good in a big ol ported box //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I got sooo many subs sitting around and car audio is no longer an option. I could use my quad coil 15" atomic but that would be a bear to move around in an enclosure, also 2 L7 15's (not to mention the ported 10's in the pic) . figured my el cheapos would sound good in a big ol ported box //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Not sure your statement on this....or what it has to do with my reply earlier...if you got lots-o- car audio, then start sellin; some of it off. Get yourself some $$ and buy something intended for HT use.

Not sure your statement on this....or what it has to do with my reply earlier...if you got lots-o- car audio, then start sellin; some of it off. Get yourself some $$ and buy something intended for HT use.
waste not want not. why buy MORE stuff when I have PLENTY of stuff to pick from right now that will certainly work? YES the reference to building the box was toward you. I know you build them and I figured you wouldn't mind. I guess I was wrong, more $ saved I guess :/

Ok it seems your complaining that you have a lot of stuff....SO SELL IT. Then use that $$ to buy a HT sub. Get it now?

Yes I build boxes but only in the summertime.

You dont need to use specified home theater sub. In fact most of my home ghetto rigged car audio subs perform better than expensive home theater store bought subs that i've used. Subs are subs, as long as the enclosure is right you can use home or car subs in either environment with decent results. Its just as dumb as saying car speaker wire vs home speaker wire. Most home audio subs lack authority with super low bass, their motorforce is no where near up to par as car audio subs unless you spend ridiculous amounts of money.

You dont need to use specified home theater sub. In fact most of my home ghetto rigged car audio subs perform better than expensive home theater store bought subs that i've used. Subs are subs, as long as the enclosure is right you can use home or car subs in either environment with decent results. Its just as dumb as saying car speaker wire vs home speaker wire. Most home audio subs lack authority with super low bass, their motorforce is no where near up to par as car audio subs unless you spend ridiculous amounts of money.
Well that's me/. I know there's people out there using Kicker as HT subs....but whatever floats his boat. Just throwing my last two replies out there.

Actually, Dayton has drivers that are for in car and HT use.

well this I know, but I'm glad you mentioned this, A LOT of ppl seem to think it matters oh well. WE know so I guess that's all that matters lol. Since I must pursue bass outside of car audio, I'm currently running 6 z2300's by Logitech for the lulz and let's say it SLAPS. Why mention that? Well they're using no name 8" in a small ported enclosure on low watts, I figure if I feed my 2 15"s 500 RMS each THAT should def get loud !

Anyway sorry for being long winded, it's Been a couple years since I've been on! I settled on 4 cubes and 35 Hz

Thanks again!

Well that's me/. I know there's people out there using Kicker as HT subs....but whatever floats his boat. Just throwing my last two replies out there.
Actually, Dayton has drivers that are for in car and HT use.
Yeah pretty sure the kicker gets louder than dayton easily. My sundown sd 10 in a sealed box got just as loud 40hz and up but much louder and plays lower than a dayton 1500 sub and a polk psw505 when it came to under 40hz... The dayton died at 36hz, polk reached limits at 32hz while the sundown was louder than the daytons peak frequency while playing 20 to 40hz just to give a comparison. Thats a shallowmount 10.... Imagine if it was an xfl or sundown ultra, dayton ho or ultimax can't possibly even hope to match up in overall bandwidth and loudness in all honesty. That dayton 1500 and psw505 sub is tossed around by a lot of AV forum guys. Ive sampled velodyne and svs as well from the local hi fidelity shop . All top dogs in the ht world. Their lows are pitiful vs what you can achieve with a beefy car sub in an HT style horn loaded or t line enclosure.

Its funny some of these HT guys saying stuff is loud... their definition of loud bass is a joke lmfao

I'd personally do sealed box. Budget car audio branded woofers are typically targeted to prefab sealed box crowd and sealed is VERY forgiving if you're off by a bit in size. Even if response curve is terrible, if you're a serious HT guy you'll have EQ anyway and can sort it out if some issue reveals itself.

I'd personally do sealed box. Budget car audio branded woofers are typically targeted to prefab sealed box crowd and sealed is VERY forgiving if you're off by a bit in size. Even if response curve is terrible, if you're a serious HT guy you'll have EQ anyway and can sort it out if some issue reveals itself.
thought about sealed but I prefer LOUD over accurate //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif. this system is mostly gonna handle rap hip hop edm. I want something to throw house parties. I had a get together for Christmas using 4 z2300"s and it was *thumbs up*

2 of my favorite z2300 videos (not mine)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.