Subwoofer/Speaker Break-in Period

I've been impatiently "breaking-in" my ED 15AE for 6 days now. I think this is the first speaker I've had to do this. I can understand them recommending you not to hit them with 1000wrms as soon as you hook them up, but a full week is too long. O-well, the wait is almost over.

If you insist on breaking them in quickly before you put them in you car, hook them up free air to your home system and play test tones and sweeps with about 30 watts while you go to work, for about 2 days. That should work //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Some people break in their subs, other people don't. It all comes down to you and what you want to do. If you want to break them in then play it for a week with the sub turned down and volumes at less then half. If you don't want to then that is your decision, most people think they don't need break in times anyways.

Eventually - it'll break itself in no matter what volume. Play it respectively for a few days, then feel the surround. If it's getting softer, then keep turning it up. Soon enough it'll be soft enough to do a full excursion and you'll be happy with your money.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.