Anyone have a SQ HDC motor that can get me some measurements?

Participant count
  • Participants list

Joebobclark
10+ year member

Your Moms New Boyfriend
Hey guys,

Anyone have a HDC motor that can get me overall dimensions and gap specs (ID, OD and depth)? Trying to figure out how much different they are from the HDS3 motors I have...

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance!

Not sure, didn't realize there was different version.... atleast with the HDS's...

My HDS's have the SQ "V8" style baskets, so I guess the HDC3 not the new HDC3.1's

Just trying to get an idea of the differences really... Getting ready to rebuild 4 HDS3's, trying to figure out if I can get them to HDC level or higher...

alot more motor strength. if you want a SPL based woofer get a shorter 8 layer coil. the HDC is a good deal more powerful and handles a good deal more power but the HDS can get nasty.

If i had to do um id do flat wound copper coils to get the most BL..

Yeah, I was thinking the same...

First SQ stuff Ive really dealt with... so I dont have any idea of the difference between the lines... I picked up 2 SQ 3500's and got the 4 HDS's basically for free, so I am thinking of running them if I can build them up a little...

Thanks for the replys!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.