2001 Honda Civic

afearlesshunter

Senior VIP Member
Round number two for the real deal. Started planning and collecting for this build a few months after I got the car, so basically a full year now. Don't really have an idea for goals yet, I hope its loud and I will get it metered in the spring. Super close to tearing into it and getting it done, waiting on a few more things to arrive in the mail.

2001 Honda Civic Sedan ES1

Singer 320A

Soundrive SDA3 12's

Taramp's HD8000 Ex

PPI 900.4

Xs Power D5100 & 3100 (maybe more battery coming)

4/0 welding cable

SHCA Fuse Holders / Speaker Wire / Battery Terminals

Kenwood X399 HU

*Possibly going with SSA Evil 6.5 for mids, no clue on tweeters yet*

Lots of misc stuff to make it all happen.... on to the pictures.

The car

IMG_7481.jpg

Le' box design

9124933f-631f-441e-8a10-75f69da64812.jpg

In the trunk, making a beauty panel and sealing off after everything is wired, batts etc.

IMG_7497.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_0040.jpg

IMG_0001.jpg

Garden hose

IMG_0075.jpg

Tight fit but we'll make it work

IMG_0079.jpg

And can't forget the booty

5e128b09-39c6-4e27-8cd4-5effa3c46a5b.jpg

Lots of stuff not pictured. Still waiting on my 16 ton crimper, triple 4/0 inputs, probably get some quad 8 awg for the speaker terminals whenever they are back in stock. Still need a shorter belt for the alt and just small stuff to wrap it up. Advice etc always appreciated. Thanks for stoppin in for a gander!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking like it's going to do some damage in that little car
Thanks mane, I can only hope..

Got my crimper in, still waiting on amp inputs and need to order outputs. Started disassembly tonight.

Boxes coming out

IMG_0096.jpg

Where I want at least the first batt to be but its within a 1/16" so I may have to shave some metal on the trunk cutout under the deck.

IMG_0117.jpg

And were I ended for tonight, hoping to get the rear seats and passenger seat out tomorrow.

IMG_0134.jpg

Hope that alt goes in alright. I had a bit of a problem fitting my 275 amp Singer in my 01 Civic. Don't remember exactly how I got it in but it's on now. I think I went kinda backwards because there's not much room for tightening the belt. I think I had to put the belt on then work my way backwards to the mounts, then adjusted the belt... Hope that will help a bit

not passing judgements or hating but is this a pure bass build? jap crap what's that? stock paper speaker? where is the vibration damping at?
No problem. This will not be just a bass build, jap crap is referring to the cheap stock speakers that are currently in the car and they will be replaced with SSA 6.5's and possibly SSA tweeters. Deadener will not be going on until I finish removing the rear seats and most of the carpet in the car.

Hope that alt goes in alright. I had a bit of a problem fitting my 275 amp Singer in my 01 Civic. Don't remember exactly how I got it in but it's on now. I think I went kinda backwards because there's not much room for tightening the belt. I think I had to put the belt on then work my way backwards to the mounts, then adjusted the belt... Hope that will help a bit
Thanks, I haven't looked much into it yet and have only taken the alt off of this once. I am planning on getting a shorter belt for it to reduce the amount of adjustment needed on the horizontal sliding mount.

Little bit of an update:

Got the alt in finally. Ended up using a 40" belt, still squeaks a little on startup. Ran 4/0 from alt to batt and batt to frame, still need to do batt to eng. Made the factory ground and pos longer with some 8awg I had laying around. Got heat shrink, deadener and amp inputs in the mail today. Currently have a sheet and a half of deadener down on the rear deck. Hopefully get firewall drilled tomorrow to make my runs to the rear.

Runs to the rear?!

I usually have that after eating something bad...lol.

Ok joking aside, just wondered why 2 separate boxes instead of one?

That'd be my guess as well. There's about 9 cubes or so of usable space in the trunk, but getting a box larger than about 4 cubes (gross) in the trunk is nearly impossible without assembling in the trunk.

Runs to the rear?!
I usually have that after eating something bad...lol.

Ok joking aside, just wondered why 2 separate boxes instead of one?
Well thats certainly one interpretation

Probably easier to put them in the trunk vs building 1 big box in there. Just my guess.
^This. I was only able to get maybe 3.75 max with one box and still be able to get it in and out of the trunk. Im right over 5 net with the two separate boxes and probably could squeeze a bit more in there if I really wanted.

i think the little civic should be just fine with that bass.

then again you never know.. it could rip some **** apart //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Got around to pulling the passenger and rear seats out today. Got half of the carpet up. Finally finished drilling out the firewall, using a step bit was great fun.. Four runs of 4/0 front to back now, stuff is heavy AF and hard to work with. I would really like to get everything together this week to do a test before making it all look nice.

IMG_0183_1.jpg

IMG_0185_1.jpg

And knu 4 awg vs 4/0 welding cable just for fun.

IMG_0181_1.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.