How do you all feel about metal and ported boxes?

I finally got some metal loaded onto my phone as I was looking to add variety to my phone's music collection and I decided to give it a try in my car. My 12 Kappa is in a 1.0 cuft sealed box and it's performance with metal disappointed me. I listened to some Trivium and Bullet for my Valentine and I expected the bass to give me a decent thump in the body but it just failed to deliver. Hell, I even popped in Metallica's black album and it was the same way. The bass came out clean but I felt that it just blended... Yet, I can go to regular rock such as Red Hot Chili Peppers and get a little bump with that.

I'm planning a 30hz tuned ported box build more for the rap and edm I listen to, but how do you guys feel about ported and metal? Do you really feel it in your body with a well built ported enclosure?

Source? Mp3, flac, cd? Also the actual recording can make a difference. Sometimes you may expect sub bass while the abundance of the track is mid bass.

I use MP3s but the Metallica was the actual CD and that had the least bass. If it's midbass like you guys are saying, will the amp to my comps and Roadkill on the doors really help me feel it (adding those very soon)?

I use MP3s but the Metallica was the actual CD and that had the least bass. If it's midbass like you guys are saying, will the amp to my comps and Roadkill on the doors really help me feel it (adding those very soon)?
A kick drums fundamental is around 60-400hz

The black album actually has a lot of lower bass in it but you might have to turn your levels up on your sub for it to come in stronger. Their is some crazy bass guitar hidden in their.

By low do you mean under 30hz? My gains have all been set with the multimeter and volume was plenty high and I don't hear/ feel much bass, it just blends. Do you have a remastered version or something?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.