Aux-to-tape gives WAY better sound quality than Blitzsafe??

cgilbu

Oregon
I have a Jetta 2002 with a Monsoon stereo (stock). The car has 8 speakers, and the sound quality and base sounds really good to my standards.

I recently got tired of using the aux-to-tape solution, and wanted a more slick connection method. I therefore got hold of a Blitzsafe, so I could get an aux-cable which goes directly into the stereo. The Blitzsafe replaces my CD-changer-in-trunk input with an aux-cable.

Then something strange happens..

The overall sound quality and base sounds WAY better when I use the old tape, rather than the Blitzsafe. Even though the Blitzsafe is supposed to give me good and original CD quality sound.

What is going on??

Also, after doing some testing, I realized that the Blitzsafe does not care at all about the settings on my phone's Spotify equalizer, while the tape does (a lot). That just makes no sense to me, as the equalizing happens within the phone, before it reaches the stereo..? Why then does it have no effect on the Blitzsafe?

Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys.

True. If you buy Sony and hook it up yourself or buy better and have someone else install it. Head Units can **** it because the next deck I'll buy will probably still be a piece of sh*t. No kids here tho so boomy bass doesn't upset many.

So after reading your comments, I'm left with the solution of scrapping the Blitzsafe and getting a new HU. It's common knowledge that stock stereos deriveres better sound quality than almost any after market stereo. That is why I got the Blitzsafe.

My questions are: How could the Blitzsafe lower the sound quality? How does it work? Why is the cassette-option working better? Is there a way to fix this? Why is the Blitzsafe not responding to my phone's equalizer?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Who knows. Have you tried contacting them for support/help?

Who uses casettes nowadays anyway?!

CD's imso, still have the strongest yet overall SQ when it comes to music. Anything else afterwords, usb, mp3 player, aux output, etc. the compressed music calls for more volume and loss less audio files. I have some burned CD's with diff music that sound a lot better than if I were to buy the cd at the store. It's tough to explain but hopefully someone else can chime in.

They are both Analog to Analog so sound quality shouldn't change much at all. The OEM stereo could very well have different settings based on the input being used.

I would switch to an aftermarket stereo that has an eq band you'll be happy with.

The reason some music you download is higher quality than a store purchased CD is because often times Vinyl is mastered significantly better than CD/digital. People then convert them to a lossless format at a high bitrate for better quality.

A great example is Metallica, most of their music sounds terrible on CD but great on Vinyl.

Yeah I've noticed some Metallica songs are kinda "recorded" low..? So the volume has to be turned up a little more than normal. I thought it was just me. Glad someone else pointed that out.

Thanks for all the good feedback!

It seems to my that cfox10's idea about the stock stereo having different inbuilt settings for each different input, makes the most sense. That could explain why the audio sound so different when switching between tape (which is now aux) and CD (which is now aux).

I will call Blitzsafe and see if they have any inputs on this.

So right now, it looks like I should get an after market HU to get the most out of my speakers? Even though people keep telling me stock is always best?

Again, thanks a lot for helping out!

The guys at Walmart when I went there to get an aftermarket HU. I'm just afraid I'll end up spending another 120 bucks and still get worse quality sound than I do with the stock HU and the old aux-to-tape.

Can anyone elaborate on this? Again, thanks a lot.

The guys at Walmart when I went there to get an aftermarket HU. I'm just afraid I'll end up spending another 120 bucks and still get worse quality sound than I do with the stock HU and the old aux-to-tape.
Can anyone elaborate on this? Again, thanks a lot.
Those people are idiots there.....I mean come on, look where they work at?! They don't know any better either.

If you dropped a few hundred bucks on a good quality hu with some built in features, it'll blow your mind away. Once you get the HU tuned to the speakers to your liking.

Who told you stock is best? That is NOT true at all.

So after reading your comments, I'm left with the solution of scrapping the Blitzsafe and getting a new HU. It's common knowledge that stock stereos deriveres better sound quality than almost any after market stereo. That is why I got the Blitzsafe.
OP - I truly cannot understand why you would think that it is "COMMON KNOWLEDGE" that stock radios sound the best. Do you also think that aftermarket performance parts perform less than factory parts?

Anything but the cheapest Walmart headunit will out perform your factory unit plus have better features.

My questions are: How could the Blitzsafe lower the sound quality? How does it work? Why is the cassette-option working better? Is there a way to fix this? Why is the Blitzsafe not responding to my phone's equalizer?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I have no knowledge about your blitzsafe but one thing I've realised using alternative inputs is sometimes you'll have to lower the volume on your phone and raise the volume on the radio unit. It could also have a bad ground, which you could fix pretty easily with a little wire, screw some sanding and a terminal.

But get yourself a pioneer 80prs if you want a new radio. I think it'll work well with your stock amp and speakers.

And for the people commenting that he's stupid for preferring stock over non stock, you're right that aftermarket can indefinitely sound better and louder in all aspects BUT not everyone wants to do a full front stage project on their car. Me and my fiancé went car shopping recently and some of these newer cars come with pretty bad azz systems in them. Dont believe me go take a new impala or a new Denali for a test drive and test the speakers out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.