Incriminator audio I series 12..

Participant count
  • Participant list

shauncox26

CarAudio.com Elite
oxford ms
Review of Subwoofer or Speaker:

Post name, details and review of the equipment you're reviewing. This forum is for reviews only! No questions should be posted!

Hey guys got my incriminator audio I series 12's installed thought I would do a little review cause there isnt much info on these entry level subs or incriminator subs in general. So first off I'll give a little run down, I have 4 d2 12's in a 8cu net slot ported box tuned to 35hz with 14^2 port per cube as per ias recommended enclosure specs. Subs up port up. All powered by a is 10.1 at 1ohm.

First impressions were good no flare or eye candy used just plain Jane beef cakes. They weigh I Wana say 15lbs each and are stiff as a ministers prick on a wedding night. They are rated at 300rms and have zero problems taking that.

At first listen I found they lacked the throw to reach down low with their stiff suspension but the mid to upper bass range where very tight and articulate. Transitions were smooth and never sloppy. Played everything on the DJ slowfets music I had to throw at it. Just for fun and to check the thermal capacity I noob cranked the gain and bass boost and timed the play tell I smell the coils heat. Surprisingly they handled it very well made three good songs before I noticed the slight smell. I turned all settings back to normal and continued playing never smelled again even under a slight clip indicated by the ias remote gain knob. The bass did get terribly loud and found it hard to read the speedometer numbers with it cranked way up. I figure they could probably handle that kind of power clean after break-in as the rugged suspension on these inhibited them from exchanging enough air to cool the coil. Easy low 140's before break in.

Now that i have broke them in slightly the lows are becoming more pronounced and the volume has nearly doubled to almost where it was when clipped all to hell in my first play session. The bass has remained tight and transitions are still right on point. They play everything well in the recommended enclosure so I would urge to stick to it. All an all if your not expecting a much more expensive subs output, and go in understanding that it's entry-level material I feel you to will be impressed as to what these subs can do. At 109 each I would put them against a sq hds212 or similar entry level 110 sub. They over deliver without the flash used to lure the noobs in. Can't wait to finish breaking these in. Only down side is the 2" coil which hopefully ia upgrades next time the I series gets a make over.

I've had sq subs like the tc-2000 12 and ia flatlyne, and image dynamics id12's and these subs for being Chinese have a great sound very similar to the above. Of course they don't have the throw to rock your car to pieces playing 20hz but they do play tight detailed bass, and even at high volume don't lose control and turn sloppy. (Some of that could be the ia amp as the damping factor is 350+@ 1ohm.)

For this I rate them 9/10 performance wise always room for improvement like a little more throw to safely reach the bottom line.8/10 on durability and engineering only cause the 2" coil as I feel it's the weakest link in this sub. Price is a 10 and *** appeal is a 5. Great entry subs with sleeper like balls and great musical reproduction. If your looking to do a budget high cone area build, or looking for a little thump for your girlfriend that's not into audio; but mad you never put nothing in hers.

Hope I was to redundant in there. I'll update after they are fully broke in. Hope you guys enjoy my under professional review here.

Thanks for review. I really like IA products and was thinking of getting one for my girl at some point lol. I was unaware that they were Chinese... Good review imho

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

shauncox26

CarAudio.com Elite
shauncox26
oxford ms
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views