4 Skar MA-8's

95BlackGA
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
Missouri
Will be using 4 Skar MA8 D2's in my new setup. Having difficulties with the enclosure. Currently I am looking at 48.25" w x 20" h x 13" d (external measurements), with a 3" w x 18.5" x 30" l port. Calculators (Torres and Xplicit) show it to be 5.76cuft gross, 3.84 net (.4cuft displaced by subs) with tuning around 32-33hz. Does this sound acceptable?

dbLYW

Will be using 4 Skar MA8 D2's in my new setup. Having difficulties with the enclosure. Currently I am looking at 48.25" w x 20" h x 13" d (external measurements), with a 3" w x 18.5" x 30" l port. Calculators (Torres and Xplicit) show it to be 5.76cuft gross, 3.84 net (.4cuft displaced by subs) with tuning around 32-33hz. Does this sound acceptable?

dbLYW
What part of GA are you from? Not sure what kind of power you're going to run, but personally I'd drop it down to 2.8cuft net. Unless your running 500w or less, 3.84cuft net is way too big. Try to keep it between 0.72-0.78 @ 32hz and your vent velocity around 26-27 m/s on however much power you're going to run. I'll do a design for you and post it up here In a few.

Edit: I also wouldn't do a labyrinth port side firing like that. You want as much length that you can get of straight port before the first port bend, having the opening right at the bend is going to kill the efficiency of the box. The one on inside the box isn't as important, but a bend at the port opening like that will make Hella noise...ask me how I know.

b38a57d587c3a6b0e29b85f5f5d2c6e8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

[quote name='Boomin_tahoe']The Dealer has some pretty nice enclosure builds. I'd recommend him as well as CSCStang.

I thought Google Sketchup wasn't free anymore....?? @The_Dealer[/QUOTE]
Sketchup Make is free, pro isn't but they are relatively the same. All this time off has helped me hone my skills on this program and I'm giving out free plans to anyone that needs something drawn up.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

What would be the best way to go about doing the port with it side firing?
One port wall across the bottom of the box is much more efficient. And agreed with the dealers recs on net cubes....

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

[quote name='Boomin_tahoe']The Dealer has some pretty nice enclosure builds. I'd recommend him as well as CSCStang.

I thought Google Sketchup wasn't free anymore....?? @The_Dealer[/QUOTE]

AutoDesk Fusion 360 is free for hobbyists, and very easy to learn for a professional CAD program. It's not as fully featured as Solidworks, but more than does the job for most things.

[quote name='CSCStang']Sketchup Make is free, pro isn't but they are relatively the same. All this time off has helped me hone my skills on this program and I'm giving out free plans to anyone that needs something drawn up.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Jeffdachef']TBP your way to free software.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jRi0T68']AutoDesk Fusion 360 is free for hobbyists, and very easy to learn for a professional CAD program. It's not as fully featured as Solidworks, but more than does the job for most things.[/QUOTE]

Downloaded it earlier today. Last time it was something like a free trial for 30 days or so. So gave up on that.
@CSCStang gonna try and attempt to get one with the t-line design you made me for my single DC Audio m3 8. Been kinda practicing.

Ive had great luck with subs forward port up. Side firing work great as well.

Try to keep bends to a min.. It just creates turbulence.

One thing i suggest you do is try to keep the distance between the woofers and the port the same..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.