Sq sound

rp69

Senior VIP Member
Hello all we have all been taught that for a sq system is mids and highs up front bass in back . And if u have 6x9 running of amp it's not a sq set up . I am listening to home audio through high end receiver with nice tower speakers one sub up front on in back two Towers back and two channels in the middle. I guarantee most people would like the warm sound of all channels stereo over two chanel stereo . I still pick up detail huge . So when guys say don't power Your 6x9 do not belive them .

Stereo is 2.1. Left right sub. If you are using a upmixer in the house it's 5.1 or greater. And warn sound is the tuning not how many or where the speakers are. Warm is either in the recording or added distortion.

Exactly distortion is not all ways a bad thing . Some of the most sought after amplifiers have a disto ration to them. Do u whant to here the pick get ready to spend huge bucks . All channels stereo works for me

Exactly distortion is not all ways a bad thing . Some of the most sought after amplifiers have a disto ration to them. Do u whant to here the pick get ready to spend huge bucks . All channels stereo works for me
You come in here all high and mighty acting like we dont know this already? Go jump on diyma if you want to spout about SQ.

Comre on man all channels stereo give it up
You obviously dont know the difference between home audio and car audio. Home audio is 99.9% idiot proof. Buy speakers plug them in, easy sound quality. No reflections or cabin gain or noisy environment to destroy the sound quality. All you need to fully power everything is an AC outlet. Reciever mic auto tunes and time aligns along with making adjustments for room acoustics ALL done automatically. Absolutley fking idiot proof.

Car audio on the other hand, you need alts, batts proper signal. You are battling vehicle acoustics 24/7. Reason why your car sh*t doesnt impress you is because you dont have the slightest bit of actual tuning knowlege or any knowledge relating to vehicle acoustics, driver positioning and placements or use of active crossovers and time alignment to combat the harsh listening environments. Takes a lot to get a car sounding perfect and rears take you several steps backwards in terms of sound quality. You must have never ever competed before if you believe 6x9s factor in any equation relating to sound quality.

In short op is like duuuhh more speakers sound better in my house! Must be true in my car too!! Fk what the world class competitors doing this sh1t for 30+ years say. Fk physics. Fk common sense.

Sorry for the roast man no offense, SQ is not something to be tossed around lightly.

Hello all we have all been taught that for a sq system is mids and highs up front bass in back . And if u have 6x9 running of amp it's not a sq set up . I am listening to home audio through high end receiver with nice tower speakers one sub up front on in back two Towers back and two channels in the middle. I guarantee most people would like the warm sound of all channels stereo over two chanel stereo . I still pick up detail huge . So when guys say don't power Your 6x9 do not belive them .
I have to disagree with you about the 6x9s. I currently have (what I think) is a pretty decent system...good SQ head unit, great front stage, decent amp, no sub however, and 6x9s in the back. I love the sound I am getting, except maybe for a lack of bass at low volumes. But, when I turn up the volume, absolutely amazing...in my opinion. Now, when I turn the fader to all the way up front, I barely notice any difference. The 6x9s add very little to my listening enjoyment. Thus, I am in process of ditching them and putting in the sub I should already have.

I have to disagree with you about the 6x9s. I currently have (what I think) is a pretty decent system...good SQ head unit, great front stage, decent amp, no sub however, and 6x9s in the back. I love the sound I am getting, except maybe for a lack of bass at low volumes. But, when I turn up the volume, absolutely amazing...in my opinion. Now, when I turn the fader to all the way up front, I barely notice any difference. The 6x9s add very little to my listening enjoyment. Thus, I am in process of ditching them and putting in the sub I should already have.
put the power you were putting to the 6x9s into your front stage and watch magic happen.

put the power you were putting to the 6x9s into your front stage and watch magic happen.
I am not quite sure what you mean, Jeff (are you actually a chef?). Do you mean ditch the 6x9s and go active (which I am currently not)? I have heard that going active will increase how loud my system will be, I guess because the power of the amp (60W RMS) would be driving each driver instead of each channel, right? But, that just increases the volume and that is not necessarily SQ, right? I would like to try and go active, but I have no DSP and my amp nor my head unit has the crossover abilities to go active. And, besides, I am so confused and have so many questions about going active that, well, I just haven't. I would love to "watch magic happen" (or maybe more correctly "listen to magic happening", LOL), it just is going to take a little time for that to happen.

I do plan on ditching the 6x9s when I get my sub, but I do not know what you are referring to when you say "put the power you were putting to the 6x9s into your front stage". The power I am putting into my 6x9s is the power that is coming out of each channel of my amp, which is 60 watts RMS. And, like I said before, if I move the fader to full up front, I do not notice any decrease in SQ whatsoever, but I would not say there is an increase in SQ when I do that.

Boy, I've gone way off kilter here, haven't I.

I am not quite sure what you mean, Jeff (are you actually a chef?). Do you mean ditch the 6x9s and go active (which I am currently not)? I have heard that going active will increase how loud my system will be, I guess because the power of the amp (60W RMS) would be driving each driver instead of each channel, right? But, that just increases the volume and that is not necessarily SQ, right? I would like to try and go active, but I have no DSP and my amp nor my head unit has the crossover abilities to go active. And, besides, I am so confused and have so many questions about going active that, well, I just haven't. I would love to "watch magic happen" (or maybe more correctly "listen to magic happening", LOL), it just is going to take a little time for that to happen.
I do plan on ditching the 6x9s when I get my sub, but I do not know what you are referring to when you say "put the power you were putting to the 6x9s into your front stage". The power I am putting into my 6x9s is the power that is coming out of each channel of my amp, which is 60 watts RMS. And, like I said before, if I move the fader to full up front, I do not notice any decrease in SQ whatsoever, but I would not say there is an increase in SQ when I do that.

More power increases dynamics which increase the experience. Going active gives you full control over each channel which greatly increases capability

power does not just translate to louder. Power = better SQ along with the option of controlling the output levels of the tweets to the mids allows you to control the stage height as well. However if you dont have an active capable amp nor do you have an active capable head unit then never mind, its not gonna work.

power does not just translate to louder. Power = better SQ along with the option of controlling the output levels of the tweets to the mids allows you to control the stage height as well. However if you dont have an active capable amp nor do you have an active capable head unit then never mind, its not gonna work.
One of these days, I will get a DSP and delve into this "active" thing. And, boy, will I probably have tons of questions for all you guys. But, I think I will be better off getting the sub first. After the sub, then probably the DSP and go active. Then, probably upgrade the amp. Then, maybe get a 21st century head unit, etc.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.