2016 Honda Acoord -- HU options?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Trey803
5,000+ posts

GAMECOCKS
SC
I've recently purchased a new vehicle (2016 Honda Accord) and starting to think about a system upgrade. This car has an integrated head-unit which is also the menu to control many features other than just audio.

I've got a newer, higher model, single DIN, Alpine I would love to use.

Does anyone have information on what my options are for this car?

I would look into a good dsp. helix,rockford 3 sixty jbl ms8 audison. you will never have a dash kit that looks decent in the dash and you will lose a lot of features.im pretty sure your hvac controls are controlled by the same unit so you would lose heat defrost and a/c too. what trim level accord?

EX no navigation, no Honda sensing

Yea I'm thinking maybe a RF three sixty....but I'm more into the SQ and I really don't want to be fighting poor signal quality. I will really miss the parametric eq, time alignment, and all the other features on my Alpine.

Not to mention I absolutely hate running speaker wire through door gaskets. What a pain in the ***.

EX no navigation, no Honda sensing
Yea I'm thinking maybe a RF three sixty....but I'm more into the SQ and I really don't want to be fighting poor signal quality. I will really miss the parametric eq, time alignment, and all the other features on my Alpine.

Not to mention I absolutely hate running speaker wire through door gaskets. What a pain in the ***.
Dude !

i have the same problem and i've been recommended by this fella LosIsATool and other people to go for DSP. And that's clearly what i'm going to do !! Just go play with the software for fun and believe me, this thing is aaalll about SQ ! Does your Alpine singe DIN unit has 30-band equalizer ?!

You can also set time alignment, real sharp crossover points and many different level of slopes, Q factor etc.

Once correctly tuned, the output signal from the DSP will be just perfect and adapted to the environment and the physics of the car.

Man i'm getting emotionnal right now talking about it, i have an emotion !!! just can't wait to start playing with that **** !!

But of course, not everyone wants to start playing around with softwares and fine tuning and everything, but the way you're speaking, it looks like you would like it since you like the features of the Alpine HU.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.