best budget subwoofers

Paralystic

Ky
So my friend is looking for a pair of 12 inch subwoofers for around 50-80 dollars a piece with a combined 1000 rms or less, we've looked around and found that the best options look like the rockford primes, jbl gt5s, hifonics hfi and alpine basslines, looking for some feedback on what anyone else thinks the best subs for cheap could be

So my friend is looking for a pair of 12 inch subwoofers for around 50-80 dollars a piece with a combined 1000 rms or less, we've looked around and found that the best options look like the rockford primes, jbl gt5s, hifonics hfi and alpine basslines, looking for some feedback on what anyone else thinks the best subs for cheap could be
To be honest, for 50-80 you won't be able to find any real decent 1000 rms drivers for that much. Best subs and cheap don't go to we'll with each other. I would say let us know what your goals are first and we could probably guide you in the right direction.

done the big 15's like that typically take 3-4 cubic feet? Those bostons seem like the most budget of the options listed in terms of power requirements, sound deadening and enclosure size requirements. Please correct me if I'm wrong and no disrespect to any posters on this chain but Don't all these large magnet middle of the pack woofers typically take the high side of manufacturer recommended rms power and typically more to optimize their sound.

2 12s typically want about the same air space as a single 15. Going with a single, higher quality 15 should yield better results.

For example, the DIY CT Sounds Mesos in the classifieds here, about the price of 2 $80 12s. You'd have to assemble it yourself, but if you think you can, it's worth considering.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.