Build Upgrade 2005 Altima 3.5

timma100
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Current equipment:

DEH-80PRS

HERTZ EP-4 Mid/High Amplifier

HERTZ Mid bass HSK 165 (if I remember correctly), crossovers, and highs

Sundown Zv.4 15" Dual 1ohm (Prarllel at .5ohm) with Ti Basket (Got it at a huge discount because of the basket)

Crescendo BC2000D (.5 ohm as mentioned above)

2x Duralast Platimum AGM batteries, group 34 up front, group 24F in the back

Positive and Negative run of KNU 0 Gauge OFC from the front battery to the back

0 Gauge run from alternator output post to front battery positive

0 Gauge run from alternator case to front battery negative

Stock Alternator

Upgrades:

XS Power XP3000 (Will be ordered when I get back stateside)

Nightshade v3 15 D2 Ordered

Sundown SCV-6000D ordered

DC Power XP270 (Already ordered to compensate for build time)

(associated distro blocks and wiring will be purchased from Skyhigh)

Plan is to run the SCV-4K at .5ohm on the Zv.4, and replace the Zv.4 with either an NSv.3 or B-Stock TEAM

NEW PLAN. Nightshade v3 15 @ 1ohm on SCV-6000D

I'll update as things progress, if you have suggestions let me hear em' !

Small Update

Woofer currently faces the trunk, plan to flip it around to the back seats and invert it for proper displacement

Here is the woofer (sorry for no pictures before)

WP_20150325_13_44_44_Pro__highres.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That vehicle peaks pretty low if you are going with a trunk build. Should get some good airflow when its done.
Right now it's facing the trunk lid in a 4cu box, I plan to invert the woofer so it has proper box displacement (instead of 3.7ish that it's seeing now) and flipping the box around so it's facing the back seats. I'll need to seal around the sides so that'll be a process

---------- Post added at 09:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 AM ----------

Post some pics.I've got a pair of n2 15s in my 06 Altima.
I'd love to post some pictures, but I'm in Qatar right now..

I ran into an NSv3 dual 2 on caco for around $750 which isn't bad. You think a team 15" at 1ohm would be worth the extra ~$400? Could go .35 ohm (dual .7ohm) but that's a lot to ask from one alternator.. or .7ohm.. I think dual 1.4 is an option
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Ahhhhhhh ******* taptalk.. same account I should find a way to merge them.. anyway, a team will run me close to $1400... and yes I can get it in 1.4 so dual .7 should be okay with one 270 amp alt and maybe another xp3000

Post some pics.I've got a pair of n2 15s in my 06 Altima.
So I'm considering either a single sundown team 15. Or a pair of nightshade 15s that'll cost basically the same. But I don't know how I'm going to fit a pair of 15s in the trunk as the current single 15 box hardly fits..how'd you manage it?

My box right now is 40x26.25x17

It's a bit small and pushed back a bit away from the back seats, but it's not too bad.

I'd like to try a few different boxes in there, but it's a lot of work having to tear the whole thing apart each time I wanna try something new.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.