Suggestions, Input, Constructive Criticism

Participant count
  • Participants list

kyle3194
10+ year member

Kansas
I'm looking to add some lows to my comuter car. It was cheap, therefore I'm not wanting to spend too much. I found an alpine type s on Craigslist and a 4 channel infinity amp. Found here:

https://seks.craigslist.org/ele/5709157535.html

My plan is to bridge the rear channel for the sub and running the front channels to my front components.

Wondering if anyone sees any problems with this setup.

Thanks,

Kyle

Also, the S Series is a 2ohm DVC and the infinity amp is bridgeable to 4 ohm, so there should be no impedance problems there.

Yea he said its a .76 ft^3 box which is on the low end of the recommended for the alpine, but I am trying to keep a decent amount of space in the trunk. I do need a grille of some sort though. Does anyone know of any good add on grilles?

So now, power wire gauge question, the amp has a max of 117W on 4 channels. That is 468W. P=I*V, so I=P/V. Substituting values, I=468W/12V= 39A. Multiply this by a safety/loss factor of 1.5, you get 59A. Ampacity of 6 gauge wire is 65A at 86°F or 49A at 122°F.

So, 6 gauge should work, but 4 would probably be a better bet right?

Okay more updates, bought a 4 gauge kit last night and got it 98% installed. Made all the ends up, went to unscrew the battery terminal, and it was so corroded on that honda that it was wanting to tear the metal and not unscrew. Therefore, I put it back on and left it, and will be buying a new terminal tonight. Does anyone have good suggestions for battery terminals? Keep in mind I need to buy one tonight, and my options are Autozone, oRileys, or walmart. Haha.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, my goal is to just go with something that is not lead. I have seen terminals with post, but I'm not sure how good of a connection that would make. Seen here:

Duralast Battery Acc/Battery Terminal DL01045- Read1Reviews onDuralast Battery Acc #DL01045

Thanks in advance.

-Kyle

Alright well I went ahead and bought the setup on Saturday. It works well! Guy was super cool, and definitely hooked me up. The amp may be a little under-powered for this situation, but regardless I still have my lows back!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.