What's your opinion on these

12in Car Subwoofers
I picked these up a couple weeks ago. Haven't got them installed yet but they are a very deep sub. Magnet is huge and I'm guessing they will handle a decent amount more then the 500w rms rating. But just by looking at the specs and looking at them what's you guys opinion on them?
The magnet is rather small. That's a cover over it. Those woofers are ok for a beginner. Some sound qube woofers or sundown E series would have been a way better choice.

12in Car Subwoofers
I picked these up a couple weeks ago. Haven't got them installed yet but they are a very deep sub. Magnet is huge and I'm guessing they will handle a decent amount more then the 500w rms rating. But just by looking at the specs and looking at them what's you guys opinion on them?

Thats a magnet cover, the actual magnet underneath is a lot smaller.

My opinion is those are okay as starter subs, but I prefer cast frames on subs.

Good 'ol plastic and chrome nowadays instead of back in the old days where steel and magnet were exposed. Even Sundown has subs that are built like so. Hope that doesn't change. K.I.S.S. The plastic/chrome BS is just a marketing thing. To get ya to buy. Those are beginner subs at best.

I could almost guarantee the people saying the are beginning subs haven't even used these and have no experience with them. Typical forum boner BS.

While I have no experience with these, I have lots of experience with the line below these, and they are great subs for the average customer. A good box and the correct power and you will be happy. As someone else mentioned, JBL has always made a great product.

i'd say those would be louder than sundown or soundqubed's entry level anyday. SQ will not even be a comparison if thats a factor(after ideal boxes built). 3 inch coil vs the other two's 2.5 inch coil. Even if its a magnet cover, it would still need enough motorforce to move a heavy coil like that so I bet its no slouch in the motor department.

I was honestly surprised at the JBL GT5 motors and how they were almost as big as the HDS200 series motors but cost way less.

i'd say those would be louder than sundown or soundqubed's entry level anyday. SQ will not even be a comparison if thats a factor(after ideal boxes built). 3 inch coil vs the other two's 2.5 inch coil. Even if its a magnet cover, it would still need enough motorforce to move a heavy coil like that so I bet its no slouch in the motor department.
I was honestly surprised at the JBL GT5 motors and how they were almost as big as the HDS200 series motors but cost way less.
JBL GT5-12 12" Single 4 ohm GT Series 1100W Car Subwoofer

These are nice for the $59 price tag. But if I was spending $150 I'd rather grab a sundown E woofer. But that's just me

I could almost guarantee the people saying the are beginning subs haven't even used these and have no experience with them. Typical forum boner BS.
While I have no experience with these, I have lots of experience with the line below these, and they are great subs for the average customer. A good box and the correct power and you will be happy. As someone else mentioned, JBL has always made a great product.

I find it rather funny even tho you admitted you have no exp with these subs you had to comment anyway?!

"beginner" subs are just that: They're not made to outhit anybody else but just provide a little bass....that's it. I'm a more of get more for my $$ type of person. I dunno if the OP is in the same boat too but I would imagine he doesn't have a lot of $$ to spend so he's on a budget.

Everybody remembers the buy one get one free sub from Circuit City right?! Even I bought 2 Kenwood 12's and they were ok.....didn't blow off the doors but when your on a budget gotta do with what you can. Later on, as I made more $$ sold them got something better. It's a pattern we all been thru.

Yeah I wasn't looking to upgrade my alternator or battery so I didn't wanna go over 1200w rms. I actually decided on getting 1 nvx vcw 12 because of limited trunk space. I have. Would you guys recommend a nvx jad 1200w? Sonic eletronics put them on the amp dyno and they put out 1483w at 1ohm. So more than rated. I was deciding between that, the ppi1000, and pioneer gmd601

Yeah I wasn't looking to upgrade my alternator or battery so I didn't wanna go over 1200w rms. I actually decided on getting 1 nvx vcw 12 because of limited trunk space. I have. Would you guys recommend a nvx jad 1200w? Sonic eletronics put them on the amp dyno and they put out 1483w at 1ohm. So more than rated. I was deciding between that, the ppi1000, and pioneer gmd601
We all started somewhere, if your budget is limited buy what you can afford. Just remember that the enclosure will make or break your system. Those jbl subs are somewhat decent, I have no experience with either of the amps you mentioned so I can't chime in on that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.