Can I connect my car subwoofer amp to a 2 channel receiver?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Based

CarAudio.com Elite
Louisiana
Well since I am going to start building speaker enclosures I need some place to test them. I drive a Miata so I don't have a vehicle to really put any enclosure in so I figure I will just set it up in my room.

I researched how to get power to a car audio amp in my room via a PSU but how can I connect the amp to get signal from a 2 channel receiver?

I want to have a pair of mids/highs on my desk and then a subwoofer (or 2, or 4 lol) on the floor. The mids/highs will be getting power from the 2 channel receiver and the subwoofer will be getting power from a car audio amplifier. Then the receiver connects to my PC.

Do receivers have an input for RCA connection from an amp to the receiver? I am looking at receivers and most of them have a few red/white inputs or outputs but I'm not sure if that's what those are made for.

Well since I am going to start building speaker enclosures I need some place to test them. I drive a Miata so I don't have a vehicle to really put any enclosure in so I figure I will just set it up in my room.
I researched how to get power to a car audio amp in my room via a PSU but how can I connect the amp to get signal from a 2 channel receiver?

I want to have a pair of mids/highs on my desk and then a subwoofer (or 2, or 4 lol) on the floor. The mids/highs will be getting power from the 2 channel receiver and the subwoofer will be getting power from a car audio amplifier. Then the receiver connects to my PC.

Do receivers have an input for RCA connection from an amp to the receiver? I am looking at receivers and most of them have a few red/white inputs or outputs but I'm not sure if that's what those are made for.
If they are RCA outputs from the receiver/head unit, then yes. Line level outputs we used to call them, signal designed to go into a power amplifier's inputs. Or are you talking about a home stereo receiver? This is probably true regardless.

John Kuthe...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Based

CarAudio.com Elite
Based
Louisiana
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from