Help Cutting Straight

I clamp down a piece of mdf and use that as my guide.
I was going to do this. But afraid that not all of them are straight because of them being worn down over time from moisture.

ive tried clamp guides, 2x4's and table saws ... the best thing is seriously a good eye and a steady hand. Dont underestimate yourself those guides will get you in trouble the minute you trust them, thats what happened to me. Mark your lines accurately and hit it nice and slow.

ive tried clamp guides, 2x4's and table saws ... the best thing is seriously a good eye and a steady hand. Dont underestimate yourself those guides will get you in trouble the minute you trust them, thats what happened to me. Mark your lines accurately and hit it nice and slow.
I've got a jittery hand sadly which car audio and it don't go well together.

cut a piece of hardboard or paneling (good, thin plywood, plexi/whatever can be used, to) 6" wider than the base of your saw. glue/screw (countersink) a 1x4 to it from the panel side offset enough that you r saw can trim an inch or so on both sides. you can use a 2x4, too, but i like the sharp square sides, instead of rounded. set your depth so it just scores the surface, like 1/16" to 1/32" deep and make a pass on each side of the 1x4, using it as the fence to ride the saw base on, going the same direction. set the blade full down and finish trimming the panel. take your time for a clean cut, and you now have the perfect clamp-on guide for your saw, with a clean reference edge.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.