Subwoofer Hatchback Upgrade

Participant count
  • Participant list

RFxLepota

I'm looking to upgrade my current set-up and hopefully tailor it to a hatchback rather than just a copy paste from my old car. I'm currently running a pre-built 2-12" MTX Terminator enclosure with a Kenwood 500x-1 and a 2 farad cap. I'm currently driving a 2016 Ford Fiesta and pulled this setup out of my old Escape. I'm looking to spend about $500 on upgrades that would work well in this tiny hatchback. If at all possible I'd like to keep the sub's to 2 - 12's as I love the look and sound.

$500 isn't a lot to upgrade with, if you can find the T/S parameters for the drivers you could build a nice ported box for them. Mdf is cheap. Then throw these things on top for the rest of the system.

https://www.minidsp.com/products/minidsp-in-a-box/c-dsp-6x8

ST4.1000D - Soundstream 4-Channel 1000W Max Class-D Amplifier

That will allow you to go fully active up front and get a bit more out of the stock speakers, which aren't bad imo, and very cleanly integrate the sound from the ported box. If you want later you can get a larger 4 channel amp and components up front, and move this amp to the rear going fully active on all speakers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.